Author Topic: New XP Earning Rules (A Discussion)  (Read 2638 times)

Offline Mike

• Mike Leitao
  • Mike L
New XP Earning Rules (A Discussion)
« on: April 09, 2014, 06:13:00 PM »
Game Attendance - 2 xp
Online Presence - 2 xp

Good Roleplaying - 1 xp
Costuming - 1 xp
Downtime Activites - 1xp

A total of 7 xp can be earned from RAtC per game.
The total was previously 6 xp.

Game Attendance - The player must be present for both halves of the game. (before and after dinner break)
If the player only comes to one half they will receive only one xp.

Online Presence - There will be no definition of this award.  This is left up to the ST team's interpretation.  This could be based on activity or it could be based on good roleplay.  The ST team will discuss each player each month to hand out an award or not.  If you are fairly active and participating in good role play you will most likely earn 2 xp.

Good Roleplaying - This reward encompasses Role Playing as well as behavior and time in Out of Character.  We fully expect everyone to have plenty to do in this game and want to keep OOC to a minimum.  This award will be based off that.

Costuming - I'm very lenient on this but not going to give you this xp for just being in normal clothes.  Please have some flavor to your outfit as this is a LARP.

Downtime Activities - Submitting a downtime within a week after game, and a spending sheet a week before game will earn you this xp. 

Please do not hesitate to ask me any questions.  These changes are based on past success of this game and results from our survey.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 05:45:47 PM by Marc (Administrator) »

Offline Seven Mountains

• Vance
Re: New XP Earning Rules
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 11:47:37 AM »
If the boards are not active yet we are on them regularly and submitting our spending sheets, will that be a positive factor towards Online Presence XP. As a Web mostly player I try to participate in anything it is appropriate to do so, and would liek to avoid missing out on RP and XP if the boards are quiet.
Seven Mountains
Ragabash, Fostern
Silver Fang Pure Breed x4
Speaks: Russian, English

Offline Nike 'Slays the Patriarchy' Strilakos

• Anna Bradley
Re: New XP Earning Rules
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 02:40:49 PM »
Are you expecting something for downtimes other then the part in the xp spend report?
Homid | Ahroun | Elder | Black fury

Pure Breed 2(black fury)

Offline Mike

• Mike Leitao
  • Mike L
Re: New XP Earning Rules (A Discussion)
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 04:19:13 PM »
Vance:

You will be busy even if its just you and me on the boards.  But I really feel that this boards will come back to life with the new structure (or old I guess).

Anna:

I always felt that putting downtime and xp together gimped the players.
I want you to be able to tell the staff what you plan to accomplish between games.
There is nothing like finding out this cool information for a plot then having to wait until xp is being processed for next game to be able to hear how your actions have played out.  I want you to have the ability to react, investigate, use your backgrounds/influences in a more fluid manner.  

Great questions both of you, keep them coming.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 04:20:24 PM by Mikal (Head Storyteller) »

Offline Nike 'Slays the Patriarchy' Strilakos

• Anna Bradley
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 10:38:54 PM »
what about the sorts of downtime that doesnt need a response but is ther efore record keeping really (i keep doign X, i regularly do y)?
Homid | Ahroun | Elder | Black fury

Pure Breed 2(black fury)

Offline Marc (Admin)

• Marc Berman
  • (Storytellers)
  • Administrator & Storyteller
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 11:44:14 PM »
I think it boils down to this:  if you submit a downtime report (not the day before game), and are otherwise keeping your character active during downtime (as opposed to suspended animation until the next game), then you will earn this XP.  If you're a player who tends to be active with your character - to whatever extent possible - during downtime, then you're probably already Doing It Right and have nothing to worry about. :)

I really don't see a need to overanalyze this XP category.  I believe it will be fair.
"When bad things happen,
 I know you want to believe they are a joke,
 but sometimes life is scary and dark.
 That is why we must find the light" –BMO

Offline Marc (Admin)

• Marc Berman
  • (Storytellers)
  • Administrator & Storyteller
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2014, 03:13:14 PM »
Also, considering the un-bundling of XP and Downtime, maybe this helps explain it also?
"When bad things happen,
 I know you want to believe they are a joke,
 but sometimes life is scary and dark.
 That is why we must find the light" –BMO

Offline Mike

• Mike Leitao
  • Mike L
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 05:00:19 PM »
Anna,

I would want to see that stuff in your downtime.
I'm good with a copy and paste post, or even if you make a sticky in your area that says monthly activities and post what you do every month.  Then you wouldn't need it in your downtime.