Author Topic: Party Pooper (Suggestions)  (Read 2265 times)

Offline Travis West

• Tom
Party Pooper (Suggestions)
« on: December 14, 2016, 01:25:56 AM »
Spirit Ward and Debuffs: Generally in Table Top, debuffs from the same source (as well as buffs) do not stack with themselves, especially when there's no contested roll. In the interest of allowing jaggling banes (which are supposed to be among the most common and frequently dangerous foes, ie Nexus Crawlers) to fulfil their role within the genre, it's worth having only one spirit ward work at any given time. This is especially pertainent, when it comes to vs temper challenges allowing any cub to overbid any spirit with but two spirit wards maxed.

True Fear: The table top version of this gift reads "...he may defend himself if attacked and otherwise act normally, although his actions will likely be guided by fear." The MET is just abbreviated slightly, getting rid of the IF ATTACKED part. Given the strength of this gift (phys vs temper) and the ease of even weaker characters to cow those much stronger (a 3 physical cub will win on ties vs an Elder of max willpower while in crinos), perhaps we ought to rule that victims of this gift, if attacked may return the attacks in kind, while gripped in fear, if no reasonable method of escape is available.

Flurry of Arrows: The gift states "...one extra arrow shot per turn." Turns are not explicitly defined in MET, however rage is always expressed as Rage Actions or Rage Rounds, and never turns. In TT turns are expressed as the cumulative turn of action, rage included. Furthermore, the Table Top write up of the gift CLEARLY intends for this to be an additional bow attack during the main phase instead of an additional bow attack after every single action. This a basic gift after all.

I for one, like lower power games that never invite STs to be forced to make up rules, powers and mechanics just to make an encounter lethal or challenging. I'm all for "plot finding and rp gifts" to expand their role within the system, but the actual hitting smash down gifts can sometimes run amok within MET because it's poorly worded.

"It doesn't SAY I CAN'T use razor claws 10 times in a row with stoking fury's furnace to deal 12 agg claw attacks. "

It makes me weep.

Anyways, just some suggestions of mine because I like suffering more than I like POWERZ. Nothing above is "ruining" my fun.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 05:53:10 AM by Travis West »
Travis "Rages Against the Machine" West
Homid Adren Ahroun of the Wendigo
WENDIGO

Offline Nike 'Slays the Patriarchy' Strilakos

• Anna Bradley
Re: Party Pooper (Suggestions)
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 09:47:39 AM »
i think the updates Matt posted state already that Spirit ward doesn't stack... cause that was ridiculous.  i mean, it was fun, but kinda nuts.

Homid | Ahroun | Elder | Black fury

Pure Breed 2(black fury)

Offline Travis West

• Tom
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 03:17:44 PM »
OMG super fun. We should have had to foresight to raid malfeas when the old rule was in play.
WENDIGO

Offline Nike 'Slays the Patriarchy' Strilakos

• Anna Bradley
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 03:19:17 PM »
... if you think i didn't think about a prip to deal with the cyber realm stuff to take advantage of it... and then i decided i dont hate matt...
Homid | Ahroun | Elder | Black fury

Pure Breed 2(black fury)

Offline Travis West

• Tom
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 05:51:11 AM »
That's my warleader... :D
WENDIGO