Author Topic: New trends / Alice teaching  (Read 832 times)

Offline Taweret

• Emmy Varden, RAtC Charter Member
  • Emmy
New trends / Alice teaching
« on: February 25, 2008, 11:08:23 AM »
Hey everyone!

Over the last few games I've noticed a trend starting to happen and I just wanted to clip it before it starts to get out of control.

Alice has been teaching Rites and Rituals, and 80% of the time when she teaches, she teaches for free.

But please don't ask me to teach you a Rite then put it up in your character section that you learned it before you get an answer from the character. I've seen this happen once or twice when Alice either wasn't going to teach the Rite/Ritual level, or in one case, didn't even get a chance to tell the player that a Rite they requested wasn't even one she had.

I know the nature of playing on the boards a lot is really slow, so if the scene is going on and you want an answer quickly, PM me OOC asking for the outcome. The scene can continue, but you can get your exp spending in on time.

You guys know me, this is't me being a screaming bitch or whatever. I just think it's common courtsey to get all your ducks in a row, and to double check with your teachers before you learn stuff. This also isn't me laying down the law because I'm a high-and-mighty Narrator. It's a request from me as a player.

Also, I'm using myself as an example because I see who spends exp on what. But I think that it would be good if you were learning, say, Brawl from Rory that you double-check with him to make sure that he can teach the level that you're buying. If he has brawl 4, you can't learn brawl 5 from him. Things like that.

Same goes for asking Alice to teach you out of B/A/T Gifts. If you don't agree to the terms she sets down, (If she does set any down. She might just flat-out refuse) she won't summon the spirit. And also remember that all out of B/A/T gift-learnings require a scene, or at least chiminage.
Taweret 'Ascends the Glass Tower'
Athro Homid Silent Strider Galliard
Beta of 'Curators of the Quiet Road' under Peregrine Falcon