Author Topic: Game Changes (And Other Announcements)  (Read 2295 times)

Offline Marc (Admin)

• Marc Berman
  • (Storytellers)
  • Administrator & Storyteller
Game Changes (And Other Announcements)
« on: April 09, 2014, 10:09:36 AM »
Cross-posting here, as well as Facebook

Having this week cleared a number of administrative hurdles, the staff are preparing to finalize the HST transition from Andrew to Mike, effective with the May game.  This will result in a number of changes, some of which have already begun coming to fruition, and some which remain the works.  These include (but are not limited to):

• Staff Engagement: First and foremost, expect to see an improvement in all aspects of staff engagement.  The team will be working hard to take diligent game notes, provide answers to your questions, and overall increase staff presence both at game and on the forums to better facilitate roleplay and plot direction.
  • Discontinuation of the "RSVP Form": With this change comes a shift in focus. The staff team will strive to provide a fun and engaging experience for all who attend, regardless of prior notice.  Accordingly, monthly XP allocations will shift, as we will no longer be offering XP for completion of the RSVP form.
  • Significant Edits to Character Creation/Development and House Rules: This is a big one, and not to be understated.  Painstakingly combing through our myriad of house rules is a daunting and time-consuming task.  In brief, expect a number of rules and restrictions to be relaxed or repealed, with many shifting to "case-by-case" decisions that best suit the situation, character, and the rest of the game.
  • New monthly XP award breakdowns: As stated previously, in accordance with other changes (i.e. the elimination of the RSVP Form), monthly XP breakdowns will be re-figured and clearly communicated.

Also worth noting is that with the game on May 3, comes the move back to Marc and Joe's house in Warwick for the spring and summer months.  Please see the Game Locations posting for further details.

In closing, we all realize that overall attendance and participation have been in decline over the course of recent months.  We really hope to make the May game a turning point for RAtC, and encourage all to attend.  If you haven't been to a Rage game in a while (or know others who haven't), we strongly encourage you (and they) to come to game on Saturday, May 3, 2014.  While we can't promise that you'll love it, our new staff configuration brings fresh perspective and enthusiasm that sets the stage for an amazing game experience.

Don't be left out.  We hope to see you all there!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 01:54:15 PM by Marc (Administrator) »
"When bad things happen,
 I know you want to believe they are a joke,
 but sometimes life is scary and dark.
 That is why we must find the light" –BMO

Offline Seven Mountains

• Vance
Re: Game Changes (And Other Announcements)
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 11:54:27 AM »
A few points of note.

With the XP changing can those of us on the boards half the year get a heads up on how this will impact us. If you look at my XP history you can see the variance which commonly happened and some stability would be appreciated as I am on the boards 5-6 times a week.

Given that last game I sat and did nothing for 4 hours I am glad to hear that things will hopeful be shifting to a more Sept wide effort as opposed to the single plot per game method.

To those folks not sure of their future, I am not kidding I sat there for 4 hours and had nothing to do, but now with Mike taking over I had some of my most entertaining RP ever when he was HST and rather than leaving, I am giving it another shot, just for perspective on what I think of Mike as an HST.

-Vance
Seven Mountains
Ragabash, Fostern
Silver Fang Pure Breed x4
Speaks: Russian, English

Offline Mike

• Mike Leitao
  • Mike L
Re: Game Changes (And Other Announcements)
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 06:13:41 PM »
Thank you Vance.

Here are the new XP Rules: http://rageacrossthecape.com/forums/index.php?topic=14100.0