Author Topic: Public Renown Reports (January-February)  (Read 2799 times)

Offline Marc (Admin)

• Marc Berman
  • (Storytellers)
  • Administrator & Storyteller
Public Renown Reports (January-February)
« on: January 15, 2012, 01:39:52 AM »
This thread is for the posting of Public Renown Reports for January-February downtime cycle.

Note: If backdated items are submitted, please be sure to indicate such, to help the staff (and your fellow players) differentiate them from the current month's items.

Please do: Be as descriptive as possible.  Renown is a direct reflection/result of the tales told in the nation.  This is a very public thing, hence this public forum in which to post reports.

Please don't: Engage in additional IC (or OOC) conversations within this thread.  If another character is saying things about you that you do not like, start a thread somewhere appropriate and take it up with them IC ("so I hear you've been saying stuff about me...")  This thread is not the place to do that!

"The Rules" for this thread:

[-1-] Ahroun, Philodox and Theurge may post one item of particular note to the public report.

[-2-] Galliards and Ragabash may post two items to the public report.  Those holding the position of eldest Galliard or Ragabash may post up to three items.

[-3-] All other items of Renown worthiness may be included in your downtime report as normal.

Anyone not comfortable with the public thread may forgo it altogether and submit only a private report (via your downtime sheet).  Just remember, items appearing in the public reports will be given more weight than the privately submitted items.  Renown is a very public thing!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 06:54:19 PM by Administrator »
"When bad things happen,
 I know you want to believe they are a joke,
 but sometimes life is scary and dark.
 That is why we must find the light" –BMO

Offline Michael Cirelli

• Joe Barbato
  • I am the law
Re: Public Renown Reports (January-February)
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 07:01:56 PM »
"It ain't easily," investigated a wyrm threat and killed a gluttony bane and we were involved in the seige on the offshore barge.

The battle with the gluttony bane was both glorious and honorable, glorious in combat and honorable because we were patrolling territory as is appropriate.

The battle on the barge was very glorious as we slew fomori, we killed banes and honorable as we saved prisoners and helped kinfolk.

Damian proved himself vastly ignorant of his own actions months ago he approached "It ain't easy," and requested to run with us then proceeded to ignore us. He then proceeded to yell at me bout a cooking fire that did not break the sept ban and rumor is he is bad mouthing the fianna.  He then wondered why we didn't want him in the pack How profoundly unaware of your own actions can you be? Lynn reacted so strongly and negatively to his presence.

Micahael Cirelli, "makes the call," homid, fostern, uktena, philodox, packed with its a secret under granite. (short, one eye)

Offline MAGNUSSON PAYS WITH BLOOD

• (Guest) Mike Hyde
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 04:40:22 PM »
[ws=]
Hear me, warriors! I am Magnusson Pays-with-Blood, son of Magnus Bane-Biter, son of Thorsonn Claws-the-Weak, son of Bloody Skull. I am Godi. I am Fenrir. I am Cliath. I am Lupus. I am not Skald, but let my voice have the Bard's Tongue for what I shall say.

Visions from Great Fenris brought me to your mighty Sept. I traveled the narrow sea to greet you. In Umbral water I met the honored dead, who led me to a metal box on the seas. It was filled with Banes and men twisted by Jormungandr. Their silver finished me before I had bested more than one, much to my shame. They did not kill me for reasons I do not know. They put me inside metal string to lick my wounds.

Know that Jack Harrison, deeded Bears-the-Scars-of-the-Stories-he-tells, Adren Skald of the Fenrir, born on two legs, and Arthur Dennison, Fostern Gibbous Moon of the noble Silver Fangs, born on two legs, tore through the metal doors and slew the enemy in glorious combat. Arthur Dennison freed me from the metal web, and we left the floating metal house of Jormangundr.

I owe them my life. I am in their debt. Know that one day I shall repay it. Know more the glory and honor of these noble Garou. Look to them with respect.
[/ws]

+Glory, +Honor to Jack and Arthur
ONE MARK OF BREEDING FROM GREAT FENRIS
BETA OF WINTER COMES UNDER MERLIN, ALLY OF GREAT FENRIS
ALL GLORY TO GREAT FENRIS

Offline Lakota

• Heather
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 06:32:22 PM »
Lakota clears her throat its been awhile sense she has done this.

"I have seen the bravery and wisdom of Purifies the Earth with the Blood of His Enemies adren, metis born warrior of Ukiena.  On learning that his kinfolk had been kidnapped he immediately set out to rescue her. On learning the numbers of her captures he sent for backup, instead of following his emotions and rushing in. One the sept had arrived he listed to various plans and then chose a tactic most likely to meet success. This tactic dived the enemies attention allowing us to overcome them. When fighting he single highhandedly brought down one of our enemies a famori who was well armed and shielded. He then turned his attention to the remaining famori and helped our team in dispatching them. A In the end we saved all who had been captured by the famori, not just our kin."
Sings the Rift Closed on Turtle's Back
Homid born
Uktena (purebreed 1)
Galliard
Athro
Pack: It's a Secret

Offline Kerberos

• Josh Sheena
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 11:22:46 AM »
The first tale I wish to tell you all is that of the siblings McKinnon. They accompanied me to the Midwinter celebration and tournaments in the midwest and they more then proved themselves in my eyes and showed the might and prowess of garou from our sept.

First, in the Auspicial challenges, they independently competed against members of their auspices far above them in rank. Kiara discussed the litany with the likes of Fights with Words and those of his rank and held her own. Meanwhile, Eoin competed in a tournament of skill against theurges from Cliath to Athro and emerged victorious.

Then both of them together entered the pack combat tournament and found themselves facing an Athro Shadowlord Ahroun who had been preparing himself to face Elders. Perhaps he was overconfident, but the two fianna fought with cunning and passion that befits their tribe. They managed to stay in combat with him for what seemed like hours, causing him to expend his rage, his gifts and overwhelming many of his tactics. They impressed everyone watching and showed that tactics and planning can overcome a lack of raw power.

+Glory, Honor and Wisdom for Kiara and Eoin
Lupus Cub

Offline Kerberos

• Josh Sheena
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 03:34:35 PM »
The next tale I wish to tell you all about is that of Alice. If any of you have doubts as to her abilities or her tribal status, listen closely and my words should allay any of your misgivings.

What most don't know is that after the ordeal on the barge, Alice took the time to not only ritually cleanse the boat of the taint of the Wyrm, but she also cleaned it and dealt with the mortal authorities in order to keep the sept out of trouble and also to continue to uphold our sept ban.

But that is not all she did. After helping defeat some powerful Fomori on the boat, she expended a great deal of effort to help the kinfolk and mortals that were trapped there. Not only did she push all four of them across the gauntlet, but she then made sure they were taken to the Bed and Breakfast and even made sure to personally look after and comfort the traumatized mortal. She spent a great deal of time to make sure that girl was taken care of and in that instance more than any other action, she showed me what it meant to be the Heart of the Goddess.

+Wisdom, Honor for Alice
Lupus Cub

Offline Jerry Castillo

• Matt Kamm
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 04:27:47 PM »
Yo, don't let the name fool you, 'cause One With the Earth is good with air, too.  Not only did her spears fuck up some Fomori on the barge, she and her packmates helped the rest of us who couldn't fly get our asses on and off the boat.  What's more, she and I came up with a pretty cunning plan to clear ourselves a landing spot and kill a bunch of Banes that involved one of my homemade bombs and her Calling to Duty a bunch of wind-spirits.  It pretty much smoked those fuckers.  Definitely Glorious and Wise.

I also gotta talk up Lynne Lucas.  Why ain't she Fostern yet?  Seriously, Lynne impresses me every time.  She overpowered a Fomor that was trying to drag her to her death in the water next to the boat, and she came up with the smart idea of dropping heavy rocks on its back while it was trying to get above water.  That's using your head, boys and girls.  I call it a Glorious victory with some Wise tactics.
Geraldo "Zero Casualties" Castillo
Homid Adren Bone Gnawer Galliard

Missing three fingers on his left hand
Jagged facial scar, improperly set shoulder