Author Topic: A werewolf lecture! Seriously!  (Read 1468 times)

Offline Kikea

• PK
  • PK
A werewolf lecture! Seriously!
« on: January 12, 2011, 11:00:14 PM »
My apologies to those of you who'll see this multiple times, but I'm really excited about this, my first opportunity to be a presenter for the Flea!  I get to do a werewolf lecture and teach people cartooning basics!

The Fetish Fleamarket is February 11-13 at the Westin Hotel in Downcity Providence, admission is only $30 for all three days, or $5 for Friday, $20 for Saturday or Sunday.  It's a pretty amazing con, definitely aimed at beginners to the BDSM scene but with plenty to do, see, and buy for people of all levels.  More information is available here, http://nelaonline.org/Zambia-FFF36/ and this is the lowdown on my classes:

Erotic Comics, Saturday 2/12, 12:30-2:00pm

Have you ever wanted to create your own naughty comic or draw your own kinky character?  You don’t need to be a trained artist to make great erotic cartoons!  A brief presentation on the history of naughty comics will be followed by simple techniques for getting your own fantasies down on paper. Everybody can leave with a pinup or a short strip of their own making.

Shapeshifting Roleplay, Sunday 2/13, 1:30-3:00pm

Shapeshifters are a rich and dense area of myth that has recently spiked in attention due to the release of many major movies and books in the last few years; including the second and third part of the Twilight series and several horror films.  But how can you incorporate werewolves, werecats, or other werecreatures into your kinky roleplay?  A presentation on the history and variety of shapeshifter mythos will be followed by a brief live demonstration.

Bio

Kikea has been known as a Rennaissance Woman since high school, and that "must learn about everything" attitude has served her well in her six years in the BDSM scene.  Currently a RISD student in Comic and Sequential Art, her day job is a freelance photographer, graphic designer and illustrator for Haka Wholesale/bluexotics.com and other clients.  She draws, paints, photographs, does a variety of fiber art and leatherwork, and is working on becoming a polyglot.  Her biggest hobby is roleplaying, Werewolf: the Apocalypse and Changeling: the Dreaming are her favorite systems, though she dabbles in others.  Her favorite kinks include shapeshifter roleplay, animal roleplay (especially ponyplay), bondage, sensory deprivation, and the psychology of BDSM.  Let's do the mind warp again.

Offline Taweret

• Emmy Varden, RAtC Charter Member
  • Emmy
Re: A werewolf lecture! Seriously!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 07:59:09 AM »
I'm SO MIFFED I have a show on Sunday. -.-
Taweret 'Ascends the Glass Tower'
Athro Homid Silent Strider Galliard
Beta of 'Curators of the Quiet Road' under Peregrine Falcon

Offline Ryan McKenna

• (Guest) Jeremy
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 11:35:15 PM »
the furry refrains from commenting as that sounds fucking cool
Ryan "Razor Fang"  McKenna
Homid
Cliath
Modi
Get of Fenris
Ghost Wolves under Clashing Boom boom
Sept of the Hidden Flame
Pure Breed: 3 (Get of Fenris)

Offline Kikea

• PK
  • PK
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 01:02:05 PM »
There's a very blurry line between furries and animal play enthusiasts in the BDSM scene.  It's two slightly different ways to get your inner animal on, animal play will naturally tend towards themes of domination and submission, pain and humiliation and sensuality and sex can often be present as well.  But I've also seen someone in the middle of a dungeon, fully in cat mode and playing with a piece of string.  So I guess the biggest difference between furries and animal players is the animal players don't say "yiff".  ;)

In other words, come along, you'll have fun.  I promise there'll be puppies, kitties and ponies aplenty in the crowd, all decked out in their tails and ears/masks.  The fursuits will be skimpier than you're used to perhaps, but that's really really not a bad thing.

Offline Ryan McKenna

• (Guest) Jeremy
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 02:52:10 PM »
i don't say yiff either, or most of the rest of the dumb ass lexicon that comes out of the furry collective.

except furfag, I use that alot.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 02:52:26 PM by Ryan McKenna »
Ryan "Razor Fang"  McKenna
Homid
Cliath
Modi
Get of Fenris
Ghost Wolves under Clashing Boom boom
Sept of the Hidden Flame
Pure Breed: 3 (Get of Fenris)