Author Topic: Ubermench  (Read 1976 times)

Offline Owen Smith

• (Guest) Ken
  • Athro, Homid, Child of Gaia, Ahroun
Ubermench
« on: March 31, 2009, 01:28:44 PM »
Is the advanced homid gift Ubermench (http://rageacrossthecape.com/forums/index.php?topic=4442.0) always on, or can it be turned on an off. I'm considering adding it to Owen's wish list, but only if it's off most of the time.
To win in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Offline Justin Northwood

• RAtC Charter Member
  • Marc
Re: Ubermench
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 03:49:05 PM »
Ubermench, in RAtC, is considered always active, as stated in the Gift Description.
Marc Berman

Offline PEBE

• Joe T
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 01:34:54 PM »
I think Marc misunderstood a bit...

If for some reason you wish to, you CAN turn the gift off temporarily. But for all intents and purposes, it is considered to always be active unless the player says he is turning it off (much like Scent of Running Water's ability to be on/off at will)
Joe
PC: Purifies the Earth with the Blood of his Enemies, 'Brother to the Winds' (aka "Pebe", also (to the Corax) "Mr Grumpy Pants Uktena")

All complaints must be submitted in the form of lyrical rhymes!
2 + 2 = 5 for sufficiently large values of 2

Offline Justin Northwood

• RAtC Charter Member
  • Marc
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 02:04:02 PM »
Nods...  I was looking at it from the point of view of it being a Benefit to have it always active, vs. the benefit of being able to make it not-active.  I completely agree with Joe's assessment.
Marc Berman

Offline Owen Smith

• (Guest) Ken
  • Athro, Homid, Child of Gaia, Ahroun
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 08:40:35 AM »
Oh, well, that makes it bearable. Owen would go nuts if people started fawning over him everytime he, say, went to the grocery store. Plus, sometimes having Rage is useful.
To win in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Offline Brian Williams

• (Guest) Pat
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 05:47:03 PM »
So if you can suppress it at times, Could you suppress it all the time unless you say otherwise.
Information's pretty thin stuff unless mixed with experience.