Out of Character > House Rules & Rules Discussions

cub renown

(1/2) > >>

Nike 'Slays the Patriarchy' Strilakos:
i didnt realize we DIDN'T do this, but we should -

some people choose to play cubs but the game is designed to start at cliath,  so we should not penalize folksfor RPing a cub.

to that end, cubs should get renown.  when they go through their RoP, their renown should bounce up the dots needed to cliath but they should not lose what they earned.

so example:

Bob plays a cub and gets .9 glory and .2 honor.  he goes through his RoP and since he is a philodox he would normally start at 0g 3h 0w.  but he played for many months!  he SHOULD be at 0.9g 3.2h and 0w...

Matt (HST):
I think this a cool idea. I also know some people believe that you shouldn't GET a Rite of Passage until you have accumulated Cliath Renown for your Auspice, which also implies that you get to keep whatever Renown you got as a Cub.

Nike 'Slays the Patriarchy' Strilakos:
i think THAT would jsut be mean.  "come in as claith, or we will MAKE you not be at the same level as other for forever!" no way iwould support that, it penalizes people for wantign to RP a cub

Seven Mountains:
I think it should be the players choice. Some folks prefer to earn the renown to go on their RoP but I think the default of you can go on your RoP at any time  is fair.

Perhaps any Renown above and beyond what you need to become a Cliath you keep?

for instance if you are an Ahroun and need 3 Glory and go on your Rop at .4 Honor 2.2 Glory and 1.1 Wisdom you finish your RoP at .4H 3G 1.1W ?

Conor (Former ST):
What Vance describes is exactly what I implemented when I was running Renown.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version