Author Topic: Master of the Howl/Truthcatcher  (Read 2039 times)

Offline Carter Heyward

• RAtC Charter Member
  • Andrew
Master of the Howl/Truthcatcher
« on: January 12, 2009, 04:04:54 PM »
Could someone remind me what is going on here IC? I believe I made a decision IC based on an OOC misunderstanding about the challengeable nature of the position of Truthcatcher, as we have had several challenges for that position. Also, I don't recall it ever being stated that as Master of the Howl, Lakota was changing the rules (as is her right as MofH).

This is not an attempt to get out of a potentially poor decision IC, that I can just roll with, I just wanted clarification OOC, so I know where to go IC with that scene/challenge.

Thanks.
Cuius est solum, eius est usque ad coelum et ad inferos.

Offline Lakota

• Heather
Re: Master of the Howl/Truthcatcher
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 05:02:03 PM »
LOL

OK from what I gather V challenged Calvin for the position of Truthcatcher, and Calvin and Brody agreed. Calvin then steps to the mound for people to challenge is wisdom on this. Lakota shows up and says the challenge for Truthcatcher is invalid because it isn't a set position but one handed out by the MoH and she won't go along with it. Basically without saying it out right yet she is challenging both Calvin and Brody's wisdom.

Lakota is going on what she knows about the positions and the way the Sept has run Moots in the past. As far as she knows there was no tradition of the position being a static one in this Sept - that was open to challenge, and according to her tradition it isn't. I'm trying to play catchup as I wasn't at the game.

Heather is basing Lakota's beliefs according to the book, which states the positions are handed out by the MoH, at least that is how I read it.

Does that help? jessh - what a game for me to miss.  :)
Sings the Rift Closed on Turtle's Back
Homid born
Uktena (purebreed 1)
Galliard
Athro
Pack: It's a Secret

Offline Mass Trauma NPC

• (Guest) Rick
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 06:18:31 PM »
And on the other side of the war:

Vihtori was told after a few moots that calvin held the position and in this sept it was static. Hence he challenged for it and for months the appointment issue never came up. Now he see's Lakota brining this up as his pack falls into disfavor of the general sept so he's on the defensive.

Rich is just going by what he was told when he entered game. O-o I thought it was odd that it was static!

Garret

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 10:50:36 PM »
As a clarification, Truth catcher was the only static moot position, when Garret entered.  Even Master of the Howl was traded off- but now where in a predicament where Master of the Howl will no longer be rotated through the Galliards, but rather someone is appointed (until challenged).

Now that we have a Master of the Howl, it is her choice how exactly moots are run, as they are under per purview.

Offline Torvald Magnusson

• (Guest) Vance
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 11:16:53 PM »
OOCly I agree, ICly it's a nice fun RP shitstorm that the natives get to sort out:)
Torvald "Phoenix Rider" Magnusson
Get of Fenris (Pure Breed x5)
Modi
Homid
Adren

Arianna_Fireau

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 07:06:05 AM »
This came up my very first game at Rage Across The Cape, ages and ages ago. Arianna asked Calvin how come he got to  be Truthcatcher when everyone else had to switch around positions. He told Ari that he'd challenged for it and that was why he got to keep it. Ari said 'yessir mr. angry Wendigo' and let it go.

Granted... This was back before we had any PC Galliards...

Garret

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 10:11:42 AM »
haha yeah.  When I came in, I was the lonely Galliard.  u_u

Offline Carter Heyward

• RAtC Charter Member
  • Andrew
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 03:42:23 PM »
IC being cleared up, right now, I hope. Though by being cleared up, I mean muddied even more, of course!

Offline Lakota

• Heather
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2009, 04:02:07 PM »
Lakota thought that sense one position changed they all did, she just thought Calvin or Bordy were the eldest and so asked them when she could find them.

Ahhhh got to love in IC confusion!
Sings the Rift Closed on Turtle's Back
Homid born
Uktena (purebreed 1)
Galliard
Athro
Pack: It's a Secret

Offline Carter Heyward

• RAtC Charter Member
  • Andrew
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2009, 06:44:45 PM »
...and I just realised why it is Calvin was Truthcatcher for so long: only PC Philodox of rank for a long time. Sure, the game had Staren and Bryan, but they were both cubs.

Arianna_Fireau

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2009, 07:01:14 PM »
And back then their weren't even them. They came in later.

Remember that first game Andrew? When Calvin picked Ari up by the throat in public? Goooood times ^.^

Offline Mike

• Mike Leitao
  • Mike L
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2009, 11:05:47 AM »
BTW its handled different by every tribe, welcome to tribal traditions