Author Topic: Garret's Adren Challenge (attn Garret, Rory, Frost Fire, Alice, I believe)  (Read 2406 times)

Offline Kikea

• PK
  • PK
Yes, the main scene of Garret's Adren Challenge is going to happen over Skype.  Skype is a free program for free and stable voice chat over the internet.  And it has an excellent means of allowing for a conference call, which is what we'll be using for this scene.  To participate, you need to do the following steps.

1. Download Skype: http://www.skype.com/

2. Get a mic.  If you have a Mac, you probably already have an internal one, you can find it by poking in the System Preferences.

3. Get speakers, headphones or a headset.  There are several stores that sell headsets which have headphones attached to a mic.  Some of these are quite cheap. 

4. Tell me your Skype username in a private message.

That's all you need to do.  As to a time, a lot of my availability is during mornings and afternoons.  Presuming that more of you are available evenings/weekends, the nearest evening I have is Wednesday, March 18 from 8pm to 11pm EDT.  Next is Friday, March 20 from 4pm to 11pm EDT.  I can also do anytime after 11am EDT on Saturday, March 21.  When's good for you?

And yes, I will run other Skype scenes in the future, particularly to give our far-away players more real-time roleplaying fun.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 10:37:34 AM by Kikea »

Arianna_Fireau

*Saaaad*

*Has no mic*

Offline Erik Bridge

• (Guest) Erik
roryorourk
what what!

Garret

I can do all those times, and Kat, you can just come to my house.

My Skype user name is Happyharbinger

Offline Taweret

• Emmy Varden, RAtC Charter Member
  • Emmy
Emmy72481

I'm not feeling terribly creative this morning  >.>
Taweret 'Ascends the Glass Tower'
Athro Homid Silent Strider Galliard
Beta of 'Curators of the Quiet Road' under Peregrine Falcon

Arianna_Fireau

Yay!

I can do Friday easily. Wednesday would take some arguing with my parents. I /believe/ I have a Meet that Saturday. And since I have a chance of double qualifying to states and I skipped the last Meet to go to a game... I really can't skip this one <.< >.> The others would be much easier.

Offline Kikea

• PK
  • PK
A'ight, let's do Friday, 4:30 pm EDT.  I believe that's 1:30 pm PDT for Erik.  Anyone have an issue with that time?

If we need to finish it up, we'll do so on Saturday and invent some excuse why Arianna's not there- maybe she simply fell asleep early. 

Arianna and Alice will be asleep for one full week after this scene ends.  Rory will be asleep for three full days.  Garret and Frost Fire will be asleep for one full day.  I'll explain more about what and how much you remember of the scene later, but it is important that you not start any new IC posts on the forum while your character is asleep.

Garret

Cool beans- I'll come pick you up at around 4:00 Kat, and we'll pig out and RP on Skype.  :-D

Offline Erik Bridge

• (Guest) Erik
I'm down with that.

Offline Taweret

• Emmy
I have rehearsal that night - you'll have me for about an hour and a half. >.<

Tech week suuuuuuucks.

Offline Kikea

• PK
  • PK
S'all good, Alice can jump in whenever you're done.  There'll be stuff left to do, I'm certain.

Offline Taweret

• Emmy
I was juct checking out Skype..... do we have to pay for this?

Garret

Skype is free....

Offline Kikea

• PK
  • PK
Skype is totally free to call other Skype users.  Skype is not-free to call phones.  The not-free you are seeing is to use Skype to call a normal phone.  That's not what we're doing, so it's free for us.

Offline Taweret

• Emmy
Ok. Something happened when I downloaded the program that now highlights every phone number that pops up in my web browser and asks me to call it using skype. It's getting annoying.

Offline Kikea

• PK
  • PK
Check the Skype preferences, I bet there's an option there you can turn off.