Author Topic: Some personal stuff  (Read 1435 times)

Offline Erik Bridge

• (Guest) Erik
Some personal stuff
« on: November 01, 2009, 05:21:24 PM »
I am not very happy where I am.  As much as the PacNorWest is pretty, the job market for my skills, frankly, sucks.  I'm a former Machinist Mate from submarines and it doesn't seem that any of the places that I've found are hiring skilled people in the mechanical world.  I'm also thinking that the east coast, where many of my friends still live, might be a better area.  Does anybody have any suggestions?  How is the job market for industrial mechanics in your area?  I have extensive knowledge in hydraulics, pneumatics, waist treatment and removal, industrial air conditioning, and all the fixtures that those plants and equipment need, pumps, filters, valves, tanks and the like.

Please let me know.  I'm not in a big hurry.

Offline Taweret

• Emmy Varden, RAtC Charter Member
  • Emmy
Re: Some personal stuff
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 11:07:51 PM »
We're just as effed as the west coast as far as available jobs go. Check Craigslist to see what's around, though. I know like... nothing about what might be available for your skillset.
Taweret 'Ascends the Glass Tower'
Athro Homid Silent Strider Galliard
Beta of 'Curators of the Quiet Road' under Peregrine Falcon

Offline Seven Mountains

• Vance
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 11:39:21 AM »
I would also ping indeed.com as that's a solid site to gauge job options.
Seven Mountains
Ragabash, Fostern
Silver Fang Pure Breed x4
Speaks: Russian, English

Derek Giles

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 07:16:32 AM »
Hi, Erik, my name is Shonn! I used to be an ET a la submarines, and I work for a power plant back here on the east coast[CT]. We've been on a hiring freeze since a year ago(when the bottom fell out of wall street) but if ANYTHING mechanical opens up I'll let you know. The pay is actually pretty decent, and I'm in range to hit up both RAtC(just figured this out) and Hidden Flame so you know, your gaming addiction would still be fulfilled.

Offline Vashti Rajani

• (Guest)
    • Drumlin's Freehold
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 05:51:16 PM »
Hey, I might have a line but it depends on truthfully where you want to be living.

http://www.bucyrus.com/jobs.htm

My hubby works here, and they are consistently looking for people. Try it, it can't hurt.

Sasha
فاشتي "المرات نهر" Rajani "الطفل البومة" ولد إلى الإنسان أم أنها "سانغ لونا" تاريخنا الدائمة حسب Adren ~~ Silent Strider Purebreed x4