Author Topic: Forum maintenance question  (Read 1227 times)

Offline Techu

• (Guest) Jaelen
Forum maintenance question
« on: July 06, 2011, 02:51:36 PM »
Gmail is helpful, and has instituted a new security measure. Now, whenever I get a message generated by the site, it comes with a helpful notice:

This message may not have been sent by: RAtCStaff@googlegroups.com  Learn more

If you click the Learn More link, it says, among other things, "I am a sender and I don’t want my recipients to see this warning. What should I do?

Gmail checks whether emails are correctly authenticated. Please publish an SPF record and use your domain name as the envelope sender, or sign your messages with a DKIM signature that is associated with your domain."

I have no idea how complicated that would be. I barely even know what it means. if it's fairly simple to implement, it would be nice to have Gmail not yell at me. If it's complicated, I can continue to ignore the warning.
Techu
Homid, Ragabash, Silent Strider, Cliath

Offline Justin Northwood

• RAtC Charter Member
  • Marc
Re: Forum maintenance question
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 07:40:51 PM »
This is something we've yet to get a handle on how to properly fix.  It involves a number of parts, including software our host needs to have installed on the server, as well as updates to the forums and how emails are generated and sent.  I believe this is also related to the cause of the blank emails some folks receive with forum notifications.

This is something that will definitely be addressed as time and technical expertise allow :)
Marc Berman