Author Topic: Z-O-M-G Stress  (Read 1729 times)

Arianna_Fireau

Z-O-M-G Stress
« on: July 31, 2010, 11:13:00 AM »
Hey Guys,

So, I don't know how much of you are all 'caught up' on the insanity that is my life right now, but it's getting up there.

As of tomorrow, I do not have an apartment anymore, and will be couch surfing until I find a job and a place to live. I also have Mono and are thus painfully exhausted all the time. On top of the stress currently going on with our game, I know I've been slow.

Please, please, please be patient with me. I'm doing the best I can to play Catch-up, especially before next game.

<3
Kat

Offline Stephen King

• (Guest) Dan Hansbury
Re: Z-O-M-G Stress
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 01:14:34 AM »
I'd offer hugs, but, you know, mono. No contact hugs.
My professional life has been a constant record of disillusion, and many things that seem wonderful to most men are the every-day commonplaces of my business.
Harry Houdini

Arianna_Fireau

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 01:44:29 AM »
Mono is contagious through other ways. As long as we don't make out, you should be fine.

Offline Mass Trauma NPC

• (Guest) Rick
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 08:19:35 AM »
Right, as our dear packmate said, we can't hug. I know no other way to hug a woman that doesn't end in making out. A sad curse I must bear... Heh... bears....

Offline Plagueslayer

• (Guest)
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 12:29:42 PM »
Get well soon Kat :) I offer you internet hugs no actual contact
Thomas Greer "Renews the gift of Apis"
Homid, Adren, Children of gaia, theurge
Purebreed x1, Elegant x4 
beta rites master, unpacked
sept of the hidden flame

Offline Sir Garret of the Fuzzies

• (Guest) Tom
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 12:58:17 PM »
Huh- I have a couch...
Garret "Dreamwalker" Lupus Galliard Fianna Athro
Fianna purebreed x5
Righ of the East
Guardian of Vigilant Light
Eldest Galliard
Member of Red Bull
Has pointed ears, and a pentagram on the palm of his hand.  Also has Owl wings in the Umbra

Offline Taweret

• Emmy Varden, RAtC Charter Member
  • Emmy
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 07:48:23 PM »
You do know that with Mono - doing anything besides sleeping on the couch will only make the illness worse. I was down for the count for two full weeks a few months ago - and when I was 20 I was on the couch for a month the first time I had it.

Not only is Mono exhaustion, it's also enlarged organs that are prone to rupture if you do anything strenuous.
Taweret 'Ascends the Glass Tower'
Athro Homid Silent Strider Galliard
Beta of 'Curators of the Quiet Road' under Peregrine Falcon

Offline Joshua Dreller

• (Guest) Cory
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 12:07:29 PM »
Hey, you guys don't know me yet, but I plan on showing up to the session on Saturday.

Anyway, mono is an ugly thing.  It affects every person slightly differently.  My mom was out for a month and a half with it when she had it in high school.  I had it in my senior year of high school and was out for a solid 3 months with minor symptoms carrying out for another 3 months after.  I've also heard of people only having it for a few weeks.

As for the healing process and mono, there isn't much to be done but wait it out.  Sleeping and resting and reducing stress will expediate the process slightly as it allows your body to focus more energy on keeping you well.  My own suggestion for you is to rest whenever possible, start drinking a lot of water, try and get your hands on some vitamin supplements, and just generally try not to push yourself too hard.  If you're going to work on something, take breaks often.

And as far as the contagiousness of mono goes, if you've had it before, it's really really hard to catch it from someone else, if not impossible....like chicken pox.

Well, there's my two cents.
Joshua "Keeps on Ticking" Dreller
Children of Gaia Purebreed x2
Magnetic x5

Arianna_Fireau

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 12:19:04 PM »
Part two!

I am much less ill (after getting over the initial backlash of Saturday, which was no fun at all) and otherwise feeling better about everything

However, I am in ZOMGthreads at once and basically living out of "Show Unread Posts" and "Show your posts" and not reading anything that is not directly related to me unless it is sent to me.

If you need me for something, or I drop a thread, don't hesitate to poke me about it. It's not that I don't love you. I'm just in about a dozen threads you probably can't see and trying to juggle them all at once.

My AIM is: lafilledesor x and my skype is poeticjustice628 and I will answer those much faster than PM. Feel free to bug me on either of them. I enjoy being poked about game.

That is all,
Kat