Author Topic: An Idea  (Read 2559 times)

Offline Arthur A Dennison

• (Guest) Shonn
  • Sometimes you don't get a chance to say goodbye.
An Idea
« on: April 06, 2011, 04:14:30 AM »
So I have been struck with inspiration and interest in producing another gaming venue. Given the sheer number of games we have going and how spread time is I understand how strapped we may be for free time but I've come up with a few ideas to still coordinate a game if people show interest.

I'm taking polls for interest in the game itself, but promise to work out the schedule so as to not add too much of an obligation to the game. Part of this will be to set up some sort of forums environment where a lot of the game's activity will occur. Plot will likely be run online as well as in person.

That said the premise of this game is not plot, mechanics, or combat. The hope and dream I am shooting for(as do most new games) is to focus on story and characters. Much of the 'mechanics' will be a loose backdrop to the game.

The game's setting will be as follows:

Semi-Supernaturals facing a dark and frightening world. Ghost stories, lovecraftian horrors, murder mysteries, and the occasional monster lurking in the night/forest/etc.

Suggested character types are: Humans, Ghouls, Fomori, Kami, Hunters(minor benefits), Imbued Hunters(rarer and restricted creeds), Orpheus Agents including Spirits(writing conversion rules myself), Thralls, Hedge Mages, Kinfolk, Kinain, Other like beings.

This game will be less about each individual subset of society and more about people with one eye open to the weird struggling to remain sane and alive in a world that's way darker than they know.

If this interests you, or doesn't, let me know. Here is a good place to do so.
Pure Breed x3
Expressive x4

"When we die
We will die with our arms unbound
And this is why
This is why we fight"

Offline Gabriel

• Berek
Re: An Idea
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 04:30:34 AM »
I'm in interested. :)
Gabriel
Metis Philodox Cub

Offline Luisa

• (Guest) Jenn
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 08:26:20 AM »
This sounds like so much fun... but I literally don't have a free weekend until mid-June. :(

Offline Nike 'Slays the Patriarchy' Strilakos

• Anna Bradley
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 09:06:42 AM »
i am very cautiously interested both due to lack of time and to being iffy on the perceived power-level.  would certainly like more info
Homid | Ahroun | Elder | Black fury

Pure Breed 2(black fury)

Offline Val

• (Guest) Sarah French
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 11:31:33 AM »
I am tentatively interested, but may or may not be in your part of the world when this runs, and don't know if I'll have the time to go.  I hope to be in Boston-land by September and to then stay there, but my summer plans are currently in flux. 

Offline Frost Fire

• (Guest)
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 01:22:43 PM »
Interested, would have some questions once you get things moving.
Frost Fire, Lupus Ahroun, Cliath Silver Fang, House Wyrmfoe, Lodge of the Moon, Sept of Still waters

Pure Breed x5 (Silver Fang), Alluring x2, Notable Heritage

Offline Jack Byzantine

• Chip Davis
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 01:41:27 PM »
I has a few Ideas lurking in the Hodge Podge of my mind. Though I am currently being gang raped by the number of games in my life as it is... I am unsure, but Inteested.
Jack Byzantine
Silent Strider Kinfolk

The sands of time pass, the leaves change, and the Nile runs over. Everything in its' place

• (Guest) Shonn
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 06:32:07 AM »
I am going forward with this plan. I am throwing out anything Orpheus as a viable concept(sorry) and Imbued Hunters and Wraiths are now something your character may become but no longer a starting character option. If you would like to be either of those it will be coordinated from creation.

Anything mortal or semi-supernatural is available. The backstory is being developed and will be based on the character concepts submitted.

This game will be set in Manchester, NH. The title will be Manchester Divided.

Feel free to e-mail questions, comments, and character information(sheets,concepts, backstories) to NHManchesterDivided(at)gmail(dot)com.

Creation will be per book used with a few exceptions:

Possessed(the book for fomori/kami) is a tabletop book. Use the standard trait[6/4/3] distribution as well as the 5 abilities normally afforded a creation level LARP mortal.

All creature types will be afforded 10 freebie points.

All creature types will be capped at 12 traits per category.

All creatures types will be capped at 6 WP at creation.(This will progress based on xp accrual.)

Back grounds and development of supporting cast(Allies,Contacts, family, etc.) will be worth a MINIMUM of 10xp at creation, and up to 25. Some of this may be auto-spent on things appropriate for the story. (If you have a college education some academics will be warranted.)

Remember this game will be about stories. Also, this game will be largely if not entirely played online(I'm not setting a game date initially).

Have fun!
Pure Breed x3
Expressive x4

"When we die
And this is why
This is why we fight"

Offline Luisa

• (Guest) Jenn
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 09:15:41 AM »
Re: Manchester Divided... I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE.

Also, this settings actually sounds like a waaay better fit for Luisa. Darn. Now I have to come up with something else.

Ponderponderponder.

Offline Jack Byzantine

• Chip Davis
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011, 11:56:38 AM »
I am in. This sounds too  good to pass up. Love that it is going to be Boards based.
Jack Byzantine
Silent Strider Kinfolk

The sands of time pass, the leaves change, and the Nile runs over. Everything in its' place

Offline Anyanka Kuznetsova

• (Guest) Mandy
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 02:48:11 PM »
I would like to hear more
Anyanka Kuznetsova: Homid born Half Moon, Grandchild of дед гром of the rank of Cliath, Purebreed two, Mark of the Predator

"My father always use to tell me that when I was older, I could choose to be good, or I could choose to win, it's funny just how much winning my family has been doing."

Offline Sebastian Prey-To-None

• (Guest) Drew
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 03:45:34 PM »
I'm very intrigued.
"It takes 42 muscles to frown but it only takes 4 muscles to extend ur arm and jawjack that motherf**ker right in the face."

• (Guest) Shonn
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2011, 06:18:51 AM »
Update: I now have forums. To get an idea of what I am planning head on over to manchesterdivided.freeforums.org.
Pure Breed x3
Expressive x4

"When we die
And this is why
This is why we fight"

• (Guest) Shonn
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2011, 02:18:41 PM »
Final Post about this: Game kicks off tomorrow. See you over there!
Pure Breed x3
Expressive x4

"When we die
And this is why
This is why we fight"