Author Topic: Just throwing this out there  (Read 1858 times)

Offline AndrewD

• Andrew Devrell
  • Andrew
Just throwing this out there
« on: March 21, 2011, 02:45:45 PM »
As it has come up more than once recently, both privately and on here.

If you have a Rage Across the Cape character, and come to Rage Across the Cape, we'd prefer you to play that character. While we don't mind visitors, we've noticed a trend recently of players not playing their RAtC characters, which in some cases has detracted from the development of and enjoyment of game for RAtC characters (and some players).

If there is something about RAtC that you feel prevents you from playing your RAtC character, whatever that may be, speak up. As Marc announced two games ago, hearsay is not actionable.
I am the shadow on the moon at night
Filling your dreams to the brim with fright!

Offline Anyanka Kuznetsova

• (Guest) Mandy
Re: Just throwing this out there
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 02:55:10 PM »
this does not include newly created right? I'm still an RAtC char just.. a new one
Anyanka Kuznetsova: Homid born Half Moon, Grandchild of дед гром of the rank of Cliath, Purebreed two, Mark of the Predator

"My father always use to tell me that when I was older, I could choose to be good, or I could choose to win, it's funny just how much winning my family has been doing."

Offline Mass Trauma NPC

• (Guest) Rick
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 07:13:41 PM »
Speaking for myself at least, If you give me a reason to bring my primary PC to RATC he will show up. While I enjoy playing my Coggie my priorities lay elsewhere.

This is of course a moot point seeing as you hated him and in return he hated all of you. *Insert old rage here*  ;D

Offline Alexander Amarandus van Bokkelen

• Conor
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 07:31:40 PM »
Who hates Vicky?  Lemme at 'em!
His Grace Lord Alexander Amarandus van Bokkelen, "Keeper of the King's Peace"
"Withstands Winter's Call to Find the Warmth of Home"
Silver Fang and Grand Duke of House Wyrmfoe
Pack Alpha of Screeching Wrath
Bearer of Gaius and Marius
Wielder of Blitzkrieg's Fury
Eldest Ahroun

Offline Mass Trauma NPC

• (Guest) Rick
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 07:33:28 PM »
Who hates Vicky?  Lemme at 'em!

All Fianna Everywhere. Blame them for what happened.

Offline Justin Northwood

• RAtC Charter Member
  • Marc
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 09:49:36 PM »
I approve of this message.

Everyone who regularly plays here is encouraged to have an RAtC PC, however not at the cost of your sanity, for those with already game-saturated lives.  If you decide you want to shelve your character to focus on other games or aspects of life, that is perfectly legitimate.  If you want to scrap your character, in favor of a concept for a new RAtC PC that you would consider more playable, this is encouraged.

I run this game for RAtC Players, period.  I and my staff are more than happy to allow visitors a free ride on the plot wagon at our games, in fact we'll even give you some XP for it.  Interaction is what this organization is all about, after all.  It just comes down to the fact that players who maintain (and play) an RAtC PC tend to "give more back" to the game (their fellow RAtC players) than visitors possibly could.  When a game becomes a game of visitors, it loses some (or all) of it's internal autonomy and resolve.  I do not want to see this happen to RAtC.

So what is discouraged?

Frequent Changes (Character-of-the-month):  Cycling characters in and out of "the system" from an IC and an OOC (administrative) perspective takes time and energy on the part of staff and your fellow players, that in many cases becomes wasted.  I do recognize the need for new players to get a feel for what they're doing and work to accommodate that on an exception basis.  As a rule of thumb, characters that are shelved must remain shelved for a minimum of six months.  This is to keep you playing the new RAtC PC you've presumably replaced the shelved character with. Only one active and one shelved character in the game at a time.

Always a Visitor:  Visitors are always encouraged to attend our games, however if you're always a visitor, you might start to get some funny looks from the staff and your fellow players.  People start to wonder why you're not playing your RAtC PC... Or why you don't have an RAtC PC.
Marc Berman

Offline First

• Chip Davis
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 10:02:21 PM »
This makes me feel better. If I continue to play a character from another Sept at Rage then the real life people will wonder why? huh.