Recent Posts

Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
House Rules & Rules Discussions / Re: Triatic Lores and Taint.
« Last post by Eira Defoe on August 21, 2018, 02:08:47 PM »
I believe the Book of the Wyrm lays out the reprecussions for learning too much wyrm lore. The levels affected are 4 and 5. It doesn't make any sense to me to gain wyrm taint for learning the lore. Wyrm lore 4 and 5 can only be learned by actively studying wyrm creatures, so maybe that interaction could risk something that might taint a person, but it shouldn't be more severe than what happens when a person interacts with a wyrm creature in any other way, such as murdering it.

Gaining taint for lores doesn't seem to be supported by the books otherwise. I agree that it ought to be rethought.
House Rules & Rules Discussions / Re: Triatic Lores and Taint.
« Last post by Camaron Carter on August 21, 2018, 09:29:45 AM »
Wyrm lore chops below 3 are ridiculous. I can get wyrm lore chops on 3 and above.  Knowing banes and such would be lore 1 you kill the thing. Seems strange to not have some passing knowledge of it. 

I support a chop for taint on 3 and above on any of the triat.
I support a chop for taint on pentex lore at 2 and above as well  chopping possible enemy flaw.

As a person that has these lores.

the common thing i have seen in the org is a chop for taint at lore 3 4 and 5.  Rage and HF both do it starting at 1st dot.  HF has in the past made you chop for taint when you used your lores as well.
House Rules & Rules Discussions / Triatic Lores and Taint.
« Last post by Jack Byzantine on August 14, 2018, 07:36:56 PM »
While I am not opposed to Garou having repercussions to learning suspicious lores and forbidden knowledge, I find the threat of taint to be fairly drastic. There is nothing backing it in the book that taint is in, and the Wyrm Lore passage in the same book makes no mention of it. It does mention a chance of gaining derangements for learning wyrm lore (with a mechanic of gaining one when your level of wyrm lore exceeds your willpower), which I feel is a better representation of corruption that such information can inflict.

The Org also has instances where certain abilities are dangerous to learn and the higher rating you have the more you attract enemies in relation to what you are researching. Which can be lethal, but not as drastic as being banned from the Sept because you are learning more about your enemies and can't keep yourself cleansed in doing so. Which if you are a higher level Garou you would know how to do, but being targeted in a fight because your wyrm quarry knows who you are is something that not even the best garou could immediately expect.
OOC Discussion / Re: Hello again germs
« Last post by Carter Heyward on August 11, 2018, 03:46:36 PM »
Leaning toward a Stargazer at the moment.

And yes, both of my Shadowlords were fun. David was my disarming attempt at a "good" Shadowlord, and the reverse of that with Walks. Clearly if I play a third, I should go grey, but also be a Lord of the Summit.
« Last post by Jack Byzantine on August 10, 2018, 07:10:35 PM »
Yeah, that was not a good plot for a lot of us.
« Last post by Damien Eneas on August 10, 2018, 04:53:29 PM »
No no, that's the other one.  Walks-In-From-The-Cold can be despised openly.   ;)
« Last post by Lars Nielsen on August 10, 2018, 02:21:10 PM »
Oh I kinda want to hear this story.. haha.. Have I heard of this shadowlord?

We dare not speak its name.
« Last post by Camaron Carter on August 10, 2018, 02:08:42 PM »
Oh I kinda want to hear this story.. haha.. Have I heard of this shadowlord?
« Last post by Matt (HST) on August 09, 2018, 11:41:50 AM »
Hooray Andrew!

Yes, Andrew's last Shadow Lord went VERY well, I am sure he's eager to do it again :D
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10