Author Topic: D&D shenanigans  (Read 1687 times)

Offline Joshua Dreller

• (Guest) Cory
D&D shenanigans
« on: February 11, 2011, 10:28:41 PM »
So I was DMing my Pathfinder (D&D 3.5 but fixed) game tonight, and my players pulled hijinks on me that I never thought I'd see in a D&D game.

They were asked to go to an up-and-coming Orc city to either kill the King's mate, kill/kidnap his son, or both.  At first they were trying to figure out how to sneak in.  This turned into thoughts of partially flooding the valley in which the small city was located to create a diversion.  This lead to Math....lots of math...and once they realized that if they had enough Clerics they could make enough water to completely flood the valley and kill them all.  With the aide they were able to procure, they managed to fill a dammed section of mountain to a capacity that would flood the entire valley by ten feet in 3 months, through which they only got a single Orc encounter (I was rolling pretty terribly for random foraging parties and the like).

They managed to destroy an entire plot arc and a half...and avoid several moral delimmas I had orchestrated for them in one fell swoop.

>.<
Joshua "Keeps on Ticking" Dreller
Children of Gaia Purebreed x2
Magnetic x5

Offline Jerry Castillo

• Matt Kamm
Re: D&D shenanigans
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 06:28:20 PM »
Just have sahuagin or something take over the sunken city, replace every instance of "orc" with "sahuagin" in your notes, and you're golden.
Geraldo "Zero Casualties" Castillo
Homid Adren Bone Gnawer Galliard

Missing three fingers on his left hand
Jagged facial scar, improperly set shoulder

Offline Joshua Dreller

• (Guest) Cory
Re: D&D shenanigans
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 09:38:48 PM »
Thankfully the Blessed by Gruumsh King of the Orcs, his most powerful Shaman, and his ten strongest guards survived (all of whom are above the level of the party) are now fighting them....I kinda hope I don't TPK them.
Joshua "Keeps on Ticking" Dreller
Children of Gaia Purebreed x2
Magnetic x5