Author Topic: Lores: Clarification  (Read 869 times)

Offline Soothing Rain

• (Guest)
  • "Be excellent to each other"
Lores: Clarification
« on: July 16, 2008, 09:55:43 PM »
Hi everybody, I was just wondering about lores, mainly the difference between things like Vampire and Kindred lore, and then Garou vs. Lupine lore, etc. The way I have done it in other games in the past, Vampire and Lupine lore give you information about the things you would know from either reading up on mythology or watching movies, reading books, etc. on mythical creatures to know that vampires don't like sunlight and werewolves can be hurt by silver. On the other hand, Kindred lore or Garou lore tells you about what they actually are in the World of Darkness, Vampires have clans, can't be hurt by garlic, and Werewolves have tribes, aren't only killed by silver bullets and such.

Also, I was wondering, as a result of the thread about vampire lores, if it was possible for a Garou to possess Kindred lore. I don't see why this is impossible and I have had Garou characters with Kindred lore in the past, though every game is different.

To generalize, I find lores to be some of the most confusing things in the whole system because I've never actually seen in any of the books that I've read what each dot of a lore ACTUALLY tells you. I've seen lists on random websites  though I am not able to confirm their authenticity.

Please help me clear this up. Thanks.
Kenny "Soothing Rain" Moor
Homid
Cliath
Child of Gaia
Ragabash
Shadow Lord Pure Breed x2
"In charge of" the Bed & Breakfast

"We will make whole."

-Deceased-