Out of Character > House Rules & Rules Discussions

March 2016 House Rules Revisions

(1/4) > >>

Berek (ST):
Hey guys - figured we could use this as a place to start sorting through the house rules that we want to revisit, independent of any public discussion we get from players. Do we want to put everything in one thread, or create a new thread for each rule, taggged 3/16 so we know it goes with this discussion?

Nike 'Slays the Patriarchy' Strilakos:
get input here on which rules, then a thread for each one...

Berek (ST):
Whoops! I meant to put this in the staff area.  :-[

Edit: Might as well make this the public thread. Have at it!

Travis West:
Oooh oooh!  Me! Pick ME!

Harano

Current Rule:
To clarify, the following is how Harano is handled in RAtC.

If you request a chop, you will be asked to make a Willpower test against a staff member, retest Willpower, and retest anything else that is appropriate. (i.e. Luck)

If you fail this series of chops, you give the ST your character sheet, then you make a new character. 

If a member of the staff comes to YOU for a Harano chop, chances are it will not usually result in character death unless the player wants it to. Those situations will be handled on a case by case basis.

What I Think:
-Harano is a mental test against 10 traits according to pg. 214
-I think Harano allows for interesting role play, and there is a defined MET rule system for surviving Harano and living with it; thus should not be an automatic GNC should you ask for a Harano challenge for your character, especially given that there are rites and gifts that help ease the psychological state.

Nike 'Slays the Patriarchy' Strilakos:
-character creation of cubs
-purchasing abilities past 5,  as per book
-do we want to discuss possibility of adding abilities to challenges?  (this contraindicates the previous thing btw)
-lets codify our awesome baby-gestating rule!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version