Out of Character > House Rules & Rules Discussions

Abilities past 5

(1/4) > >>

Nike 'Slays the Patriarchy' Strilakos:
on page 173 of Laws of the Wyld, where it tells you how to spend xp it says:

"New Ability Trait One Experience per Ability for the first five levels in an Ability and two Experience per level thereafter."

we are supposed to be able to buy more dots.  6, 7 etc.  Because we do not add the abilities to attributes when checking ties, this just means more retests.  The ability to basically... say "nope i am BETTER then that" to a random chop failing, more times then 5 per day.

I think we should go with the book and just be able to do this thing, rather then not just because people don't always remember we are able to do this.

Travis West:
I like abilities at +5 for Elders only, since it is also a reflection of your standing in the world.

why?  me being good at archery more then 5 times in a day is not really an Elder feature...  rank is a spirit thing, so it makes sense that spirits that teach gifts care.  but abilitiesis me practicing daily

Travis West:
Having 5 dots in an ability represent you being at the very pinnacle of human performance.  Six represents Truly Legendary abilities, far exceeding that of any mere mortal. 

A Werewolf, possessing such LEGENDARY AMAZING ABILITY would be so renowned as to be considered an Elder and ascendant expert in that ability among the tribe and possibly the Nation as a whole.

Jimmy the Cliath having Stealth x6 and still being a Cliath instead of a world-infamous assassin makes no sense.

yeah but htey dont limit abilities.  at double xp i can buy 7 and 8 as well, not just 6.  unlike rank it doesnt need to represent legendary.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version