Out of Character > House Rules & Rules Discussions

Harano

(1/5) > >>

Berek (ST):
Do you want the opportunity to play out/through Harano? Why? Why not?

Nike 'Slays the Patriarchy' Strilakos:
i think that depends on how it gets implemented.  i think it is interesting to toy with it, but i am not sure i'dpoersonally want to deal with playing it OR with dealing with someone close to my chara playing through it...

Travis West:
The rule as written effectively makes it so that if you want to play through Harano, and ask for the chop, you have to surrender your sheet, basically disallowing players the agency of their characters if that is an aspect of the WoD you want to play through.

Alternatively, if you don't want to play through Harano, but you feel your character would slip into Harano and thus wish to make a new character, end I g your story there, I don't imagine an ST would force you to play a character.

Thus- I think players should have a choice if that's an aspect of genre you want to explore instead of making it GNC (unless the ST does it to you).

Nike 'Slays the Patriarchy' Strilakos:
yes but if YOU choose to play through Harano, _i_ am forced to deal with a harano sept mate and that is a bit of RP ia m not sure i wantto actually EVER interact with

Travis West:
Its not really fair for you to dictate what other people can role play as, within established genre.  You certainly can tell people that you'd prefer not to interact with their character if they're in Harano, but if that's what they want to role play, they get to, and there shouldn't be a rule against it.

We all have to "deal" with each other's RP. It is part of communal storytelling.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version