Author Topic: OWbN Character Connections Program  (Read 2435 times)

Offline Marc (Admin)

• Marc Berman
  • (Storytellers)
  • Administrator & Storyteller
OWbN Character Connections Program
« on: May 11, 2014, 11:28:44 AM »
One World by Night has launched an exciting new program aimed at helping to link new characters to our shared story.

Players with established characters are encouraged to participate in this mentoring process, and players with new characters are strongly encouraged to leverage this new tool which is available to you.  Here's how it works.

First, contact a storyteller if you are interested.  For players of established characters, we can add an entry for your character to the Character Connections database.  A dashboard on the OWbN website allows us, and storytellers of other Werewolf chronicles in the organization, to help pair players of new characters with players of existing ones, toward the goal of working together on shared history, connections and hooks.

When a potential match is found, a storyteller (of this or other werewolf chronicles) may contact you to introduce the matched players.  From there, the players will be introduced to one another via email in order to determine possible connection points (PC lineage, family, teacher, etc.) Then, it is entirely in the hands of the involved players.

If you wish to opt-in to the Character Connections program, please contact the staff by Private Message, email to RAtCStaff@googlegroups.com, or by using the "Email Staff" button at the top of the forums.
"When bad things happen,
 I know you want to believe they are a joke,
 but sometimes life is scary and dark.
 That is why we must find the light" –BMO

Offline Marc (Admin)

• Marc Berman
  • (Storytellers)
Re: OWbN Character Connections Program
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 10:47:05 PM »
We've already had some folks express interest, which is great!

For those of you that have inquired, a new thread has been placed in your character area to discuss your database entry with the staff.

Please just keep in mind that this program is very new at this time, and the database has a ways to go before it's rounded out with a good number of Werewolf character entries.  Please be patient.

Thanks!
"When bad things happen,

Offline Marc (Admin)

• Marc Berman
  • (Storytellers)
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 08:25:39 PM »
It may be a while before the submission form is not acting wonky.  It has, however, been updated with a few slightly different questions.  If you already have a thread going in your character area, your template has been updated and I have replied indicating that you may need to provide a bit more info.

Forms will be submitted as complete and I will let you know the status in the thread.
"When bad things happen,

Offline Marc (Admin)

• Marc Berman
  • (Storytellers)
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 07:28:01 PM »
Because submissions may be down for a while, we're going to temporarily suspend new entries.
If you've already got a thread started in your character area, we will continue to process the request to the best of our ability (trying to get someone to enter hem manually).  Until the form is fixed, however, it is unlikely that other games will be doing much in the way of adding characters to the database.  More to come, and thank you for your patience!
"When bad things happen,