Out of Character > Archived Rules Discussions

Falling Touch Redress

(1/4) > >>

Travis West:
Disclaimer: On a scale of 1-10 on how much I care, I rate about a 3, which is just enough for me to bother typing something up before work while bored.

Falling Touch makes two notes in the write up.  One is that you "must sit on the ground for the next four actions." and the other is that "you may not initiate Physical Challenges, but may defend himself normally."

At game (8/9/14) the call was made that Rage Actions do not count as actions for the purpose of this gift.  Thus a victim of falling touch who had spent five rage must sit tight for four TURNS regardless of how much rage he can spend.  This is different from any OWBN game I've played in (which isn't necessarily a bad thing).

Also while under the influence of Falling Touch, while obviously I cannot initiate physical challenges (like clawing and what not) I was not allowed to initiate Mental or Social challenges either, which pretty much means not taking any aggressive actions.

This runs interestingly alongside True Fear which specifically mentions lasting for turns and not attacking, period, which made me think that there's a possibility the two gifts were getting confused with each other, or merging in an unholy alliance of which no cub is safe.

As an aside, Falling Touch in Table Top needs a single success and simply puts your target prone, after which they can simply stand up... so that's not very helpful.

Also, Calm removing someone from frenzy when they have no rage left is a pretty good rule.

In short, I couldn't find a House Rule section that addresses specific uses or common rules calls with gifts, but it might be worth making one, just so people have a solid idea how their own gifts work, or different, creative applications that have worked in the past.  Just a thought I was having that might be worth mentioning at your next ST meeting.

-Cheers!

And just to be clear; I didn't have any sort of problem with the rules call.

Gabriel:
That isn't quite what was said, as there were a buttload of conflated terms being thrown around. In fact, the final word, as I heard it, was nothing for four "rounds", and then there was a reference to Rage happening on Rage "rounds". indicating it still worked as intended, but you were talking across each other. I think it was really just a communication issue regarding the use of improper game terms during the discussion.

Travis West:
Oh?  The round in which I was falling touched, I had spent four rage and was told I would not be able to stand back up the next round and had to wait 15 seconds and that the rage was wasted... which is when I became confused.

Gabriel:
Hmm. I know the Rage rounds thing was said after you were told it was rounds not actions, but, you're right, in the end you did get stuck for the 15 seconds(ish), which I sort of chalked up to the fact we left rounds at that point anyway. Boo to confusion and multiple people talking at once....

Nike 'Slays the Patriarchy' Strilakos:
the way it was run before was:

-you can only defend
-rage roudns count in the 4

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version