Author Topic: Public Renown Reports (February-March)  (Read 2803 times)

Offline Marc (Admin)

• Marc Berman
  • (Storytellers)
  • Administrator & Storyteller
Public Renown Reports (February-March)
« on: February 12, 2012, 06:53:14 PM »
This thread is for the posting of Public Renown Reports for February-March downtime cycle.

Note: If backdated items are submitted, please be sure to indicate such, to help the staff (and your fellow players) differentiate them from the current month's items.

Please do: Be as descriptive as possible.  Renown is a direct reflection/result of the tales told in the nation.  This is a very public thing, hence this public forum in which to post reports.

Please don't: Engage in additional IC (or OOC) conversations within this thread.  If another character is saying things about you that you do not like, start a thread somewhere appropriate and take it up with them IC ("so I hear you've been saying stuff about me...")  This thread is not the place to do that!

"The Rules" for this thread:

[-1-] Ahroun, Philodox and Theurge may post one item of particular note to the public report.

[-2-] Galliards and Ragabash may post two items to the public report.  Those holding the position of eldest Galliard or Ragabash may post up to three items.

[-3-] All other items of Renown worthiness may be included in your downtime report as normal.

Anyone not comfortable with the public thread may forgo it altogether and submit only a private report (via your downtime sheet).  Just remember, items appearing in the public reports will be given more weight than the privately submitted items.  Renown is a very public thing!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 01:26:19 PM by Administrator »
"When bad things happen,
 I know you want to believe they are a joke,
 but sometimes life is scary and dark.
 That is why we must find the light" –BMO

Offline Techu

• (Guest) Jaelen
Re: Public Renown Reports (February-March)
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 08:23:59 PM »
A group of us went to deal with the Black Spiral Dancers who had kidnapped Castillo, and with whom his sister was running. While there, we fought a green dragon and four powerful Spirals. Everyone there (PEBE, Lakota, Sierra, Liora, Castillo, Damien, Masha, and myself) deserves credit, but Masha merits special mention. Through both fights, I don't think she missed a single shot.
+ Glory
Techu
Homid, Ragabash, Silent Strider, Cliath

Offline Arthur A Dennison

• (Guest) Shonn
  • Sometimes you don't get a chance to say goodbye.
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 06:40:07 AM »
It is of significant valorous note that Quinn, master magician, set aside time from his busy life and schedule to provide supplemental healing to the Alpha's pack. This did not come in the form of brief consumption of his gnostic energies, but the creation of healing talens which involves making deals with spirits and possible chiminage. For successful dealings with spirits to aid members of the First Tribe selflessly I find him quite Wise and Honorable. I hope the nation and all Gaian spirits will accord him the same.
[Quinn the Uktena; +Honor, +Wisdom]

It would appear there was a passing of life recently. While his pack holds the results close to their chest, according such a powerful being chance to recover if there is one is appropriate, however should it come to light that Purifies the Earth with the Blood of his Enemies has moved on I would like to clear the air on this matter. PEBE-rhya required me to swear an oath of great honor to become a member of this sept, and its words proved to me that he took the leadership of this sept and its safety deadly serious. It is of no surprise, and no dishonor to anyone that he fought to the last. He fought and died for what he believed in, and refused to give in despite the opportunities made for him to do so. He is a brave and valorous warrior, and will always be, interred within this sept is the blood he shed to ensure that only a right and proper leader could take its helm.

+Glory and Honor for PEBE and +Glory and Honor for Alexander
Pure Breed x3
Expressive x4

"When we die
We will die with our arms unbound
And this is why
This is why we fight"

Offline Alexander Amarandus van Bokkelen

• Conor
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 01:42:00 PM »
I asked Adam McKinnon to sit in on an Elder Council in the Ahroun seat, and doing so got him saddled with a bunch of work after the fact.  Since then he's seen to it effectively and without complaint, despite the fact that it's not at all Glorious work.

Most young Ahroun are spoiling for a fight, blood boiling all the time, and aren't interested in much else.  Adam seems to understand that being ready for war sometimes involves a lot of talking and waiting.  Maybe it's a Glass Walker thing, but whatever it is, I'm glad to have him in the sept.

(+Honor, Adam McKinnon)
His Grace Lord Alexander Amarandus van Bokkelen, "Keeper of the King's Peace"
"Withstands Winter's Call to Find the Warmth of Home"
Silver Fang and Grand Duke of House Wyrmfoe
Pack Alpha of Screeching Wrath
Bearer of Gaius and Marius
Wielder of Blitzkrieg's Fury
Eldest Ahroun

Offline Jerry Castillo

• Matt Kamm
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 02:12:09 PM »
So, for those of you who don't know, a bunch of us went into a Nightmare Realm created in the mind of a young human who was in a coma.  It was made by a Wyrm-tainted Namebreaker to be one of the Wyrm's personal little torture place, where no one could get in to rescue the victims without some serious dream mojo.  Well, Masha, Damien, me, Cahill, PEBE, and Liora and Sierra from the Fury pack went in to kill the Spiral pack that had kidnapped me and brought me there the night before, and to deal with my sister Jenna who broke me out and then got caught.  After her Ancestor did the Rite of Dreaming for us, Lakota came with us via Dreamspeak to fight the Namebreaker for control, and thank Gaia she did, because she saved all our asses so many times.  She banished the avatar of Green Dragon that was the Spiral's pack totem, took away their weapons, neutralized a room of silver, and kept the Namebreaker from turning our bones to swamp muck.  In the end, we killed the Spiral pack and my sister went to Erebus, at her own request.
(++Glory for all involved, +Wisdom for Masha and Damien for summoning and healing, ++Wisdom for Lakota for serious dream-fu)

One more Garou deserves a special shout-out for this little adventure.  I didn't trust Thomas Cahill when he first showed up here - he's a cop, and I've been fucked over by too many cops.  Then he said he might want to join my pack!  Duh, I was kinda skeptical.  But not only did he agree to go on this incredibly dangerous mission with us, he proved his cojones a thousand times over in my book.  There we are, facing down an avatar of Green Dragon, all flying around and breathing balefire and trying to swallow us whole.  It's flying, Cahill's got no weapon that can hurt it up there, so what's he do?  He waits for it to dive on us, and he fucking jumps on its back.  That's right - this Cliath Theurge just jumps on the back of a goddamn Wyrm Totem and starts sinking his claws in between its scales.  And damned if he didn't hold it!  That thing could not shake him off, and he stayed on its back, clawing and biting until Lakota finally overpowered it with her will and sent it packing.  For this I name him Dragon Rider, and I dare any of you suckers to say he's less than epically Glorious.
(++Glory for Cahill)

Geraldo "Zero Casualties" Castillo
Homid Adren Bone Gnawer Galliard

Missing three fingers on his left hand
Jagged facial scar, improperly set shoulder

Offline Seven Mountains

• Vance
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 03:47:44 PM »
The Position of Sept Alpha is not one which should change hands lightly. It requires a skill which is not found in many Garou. When two Garou find themselves both with that skill, but one sees the other as distracted, a challenge is required. To accept this challenge and defend the station of alpha of the Sept is just as Honorable as it is Glorious if it is done with distinction and reverence for the station.

Alexander-rhya and Purifies the Earth with the Blood of his Enemies-rhya entered into such a challenge this last moon. I was given the responsibility of overseeing this and the weight of which is not something I will soon forget.

I must say though, that each acted with the utmost honor and fought gloriously in their challenge. While often those of their Ranks do not gain renown for challenges on the mound for it is seen as something which they should always done well, when it is for a position of Sept Alpha, even they should be recognized for showing us the grace and courage of their natures.

Alexander +Glory and +Honors, PEBE +Glory and +Honor

One the other end of the stick, sometimes elders get complacent, or perhaps think their ability is old hat. I will always submit to someone of higher station but that does not leave them outside of the lash of my tongue as is my responsibility as Ragabash. It is even more clear when it is my Auspicial Elder who requires my attention.

I understand he has his way of investigating and dealing with issues, and it is quite effective, such as is shown in his renown. It is troubling though when a Fostern claims the position of Eldest Ragabash and the Athro simply chooses to let it happen... perhaps he had a wisdom that is not known to the Fostern, but if this was true, then the Fostern would not have been able to goad him into coming finally, to the mound to attempt to take said position from the Fostern.

Eldest is the pinnacle, the paragon of the Auspice which we must each strive to be. I have seen multiple Eldest of the Ragabash sit on their hands while others gained renown for little more than doing their jobs. Ragabash are placed on Gaia by her graces and shown the craftiness of our ways by Luna never showing us her face, so that we can push, poke, goad and drive those who perform average to new heights, and those who grow complacent to instead become re-motivated. He will learn again.

Patrick -Honor and --Wisdom
Seven Mountains
Ragabash, Fostern
Silver Fang Pure Breed x4
Speaks: Russian, English