Author Topic: Timelines between threads  (Read 1372 times)

Offline JamesLee

• (Guest) Mac
Timelines between threads
« on: May 12, 2011, 07:18:06 PM »
Hey. While I am posting less due to being busy, I'm also trying to keep timelines reasonable between threads. Given that a flying Uktena is much, much faster than a running wolf and Masha showed up in H.C. before PEBE arrived at the Brotherhood, I'm currently assuming that Habeas Corpus is running a little ahead of Dreamweaver. This mostly just means my packlinks in Dreamweaver are a little old and I'm avoiding posting in H.C. for a short while.  Feel free to disregard this, obviously, I just wanted to make my assumption clear without littering either of the threads.  They'll probably even out in my head fairly soon anyway.

Yay clarifications. Nevermind. Timeline and events make slightly more sense to me now. (Fortunately my character is confused anyway, so it works out.)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 07:24:00 PM by Dominic van Bokkelen »
"Alone we traveled on with nothing but a shadow.
We fled, far away."

Offline PEBE

• Joe T
Re: Timelines between threads
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 07:41:59 PM »
Correct, H.C. was said to be in the path to Brotherhood. So there is a delay in arriving at the Brotherhood from the H.C. scene but everything else should still be in sync. I primarily relied on Kat's approval before entering, granted Pebe is flying, which according to the Uktena Packet is 117.5 ft per round (3 secs); Swift Flight gives 3x speed, so that translates to 117.5 ft per second (39 paces per round).

So at those speeds, there is a 'shorter' delay than most would have moving from one scene to the next. Bridgewalker would allow near-instantaneous transit as well. For all others, I'd post your intent to enter and Kat will ok them as she sees fit since she's running the scene and has the best sense of timing for what's going on.
Joe
PC: Purifies the Earth with the Blood of his Enemies, 'Brother to the Winds' (aka "Pebe", also (to the Corax) "Mr Grumpy Pants Uktena")

All complaints must be submitted in the form of lyrical rhymes!
2 + 2 = 5 for sufficiently large values of 2

Offline Nike 'Slays the Patriarchy' Strilakos

• Anna Bradley
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 09:11:33 PM »
There was a few minutes tops between mashas last post in brotherhood and the habeas corpus scene as the body was in the umbra right pitside the restaurant and was then taken a small bit out of the way
Homid | Ahroun | Elder | Black fury

Pure Breed 2(black fury)

Offline JamesLee

• (Guest) Mac
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 09:17:30 PM »
*nods* A few minutes is still a lot of time in terms of Striders running and packlink and all that, but the distance was in fact the clarification I received.
"Alone we traveled on with nothing but a shadow.
We fled, far away."