Author Topic: Public Renown Reports (July-August/August-September)  (Read 3148 times)

Offline Justin Northwood

• RAtC Charter Member
  • Marc
Public Renown Reports (July-August/August-September)
« on: September 11, 2011, 08:11:39 PM »
This thread is for the posting of Public Renown Reports for the July-August AND August-September downtime cycle.

Note: The most recent Renown updated did not include public reports for July-August, as the monthly thread was dropped, and I did not realize this until it was too late.  Please feel free to submit "backdated" items in this thread, but ONLY backdated to the July-August downtime.  If backdated items are submitted, please be sure to indicate that they are backdated to July-August, to help the staff (and your fellow players) differentiate them from the current month's items.

Please do: Be as descriptive as possible.  Renown is a direct reflection/result of the tales told in the nation.  This is a very public thing, hence this public forum in which to post reports.

Please don't: Engage in additional IC (or OOC) conversations within this thread.  If another character is saying things about you that you do not like, start a thread somewhere appropriate and take it up with them IC ("so I hear you've been saying stuff about me...")  This thread is not the place to do that!

"The Rules" for this thread:

[-1-] Ahroun, Philodox and Theurge may post one item of particular note to the public report.

[-2-] Galliards and Ragabash may post two items to the public report.  Those holding the position of eldest Galliard or Ragabash may post up to three items.

[-3-] All other items of Renown worthiness may be submitted via Private Message as normal.

Anyone not comfortable with the public thread may forgo it altogether and submit only a private report (via your downtime sheet).  Just remember, items appearing in the public reports will be given more weight than the privately submitted items.  Renown is a very public thing!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 08:02:50 PM by Administrator »
Marc Berman

Offline Nike 'Slays the Patriarchy' Strilakos

• Anna Bradley
Re: Public Renown Reports (July-August/August-September)
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 09:26:49 PM »
Backdated - Jerry did a spectacular job sorting out what was going on with the Fury pack, working out how to help them and helping them enough that they survived until the rest of the Cavalry arrived to assist.

Current - Jerry for coordinating his pack's attacks on the vampires in Plymouth.
Homid | Ahroun | Elder | Black fury

Pure Breed 2(black fury)

Offline Jerry Castillo

• Matt Kamm
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 02:12:22 PM »
((BACKDATED))

Yo, The Cavalry straight-up bailed out a pack of Adren and Athro Black Furies when they got nabbed by a shadow monster.  This thing was bad news, and it tricked them and trapped them an Umbral cave, but their Ragabash got out and got word to us.  I had to Dreamspeak her packmates out of the nightmares they got trapped in, and then Masha, Damien, and me had to fight our way through a tunnel of shadow monsters to get to them.  Damien was mad Wise to use his Moongleam Fetish to blast the shadows before we all bit it, and Masha was mad wise to heal Alala 'Ruins the Wyrm' so she could help us fight the thing so's we didn't all get beat to burger.  Plus, it was an epic fight, and Glorious for all, so there.

((CURRENT))

If you think he's just a punk, you don't know Jack.  Jack came with The Cavalry into the Battlegrounds to help Damien find some ancient battles with Fianna and Silver Fangs, and damn if he didn't help us out in finding our way around.  That Fenrir skald knows a lot of old battle tales - go figure!  He's a good guy to have along if you ever need to seek out ancient battles...or fight in them.  I wouldn't want to go back to a Realm like that without someone as Glorious and Wise helping us out.

We mixed it up good with some nasty vamps in Myles Standish State Forest.  They had some freaky giant bug mojo, but we thrashed 'em all the same (shout-out to my packmates for making sure I didn't get eaten when the fuckers ganged up on me).  But how did we know where to go, and that we could expect a bunch of Leeches?  Because someone scouted it out.  Even better, they didn't start a fight before they knew what was going down and they made it out without getting seen.  So, my other hat tip this month goes to Good Advice for finding something that needed killing and getting us where we needed to be.
Geraldo "Zero Casualties" Castillo
Homid Adren Bone Gnawer Galliard

Missing three fingers on his left hand
Jagged facial scar, improperly set shoulder

Offline Kerberos

• Josh Sheena
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 08:39:52 AM »
I have known a number of glorious and honorable Bone Gnawers in my time and Jerry is shaping up to be one of them. He has some work ahead of him, but he held his composure what I know to have been a tough situation. Speaks Without Words is definitely someone I would want on my side in battle.

Masha has shown some improvement in her willingness to listen to orders and doing what she needs to do. I hope this trend of wisdom continues.
Lupus Cub

Offline Seven Mountains

• Vance
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 11:18:39 AM »
I have been told that Masha has chosen to bear a child from an unknown father though less than natural means. While the tribe will sort out issues on it's own time I can't see the honor in breeding if you never actually make a bond with someone. When the child is born does she honestly believe she will tend to it herself? No self respecting Silver Fang kin would tend to a child of such dubious means and at best the father could have. Whether it is right or wrong for them to feel that way she should have considered the plight of the child and the child's future BEFORE undertaking such an action. The child is already an outcast of it's own tribe and it has yet to be born. Selfish and dishonorable not only to herself and her tribe, but also to her unborn child. Ask a Metis how well life behind the eight ball before birth works out for you....

Then to ask an Elder of the nation to come to your Sept and help you with a problem because you are now pregnant and do not want the child threatened. I for one think she may have considered this BEFORE walking into a lab and getting knocked up by a machine. Unwise to say the least...

To top it all off this problem is in regards to an ancestor which she feels is a threat to her unborn child... I say it is also a threat to the CAERN she LIVES IN and those within. Did she for one second think to tell the Warder of this threat to the lives of those who call this place home and haven? Is she so selfish as to think this wasn't worthy of the Warders mention but you could call in an ELDER to help you, after asking an ATHRO who didn't give you the answer you liked?!

This is causing a caern to be violated, this lacks respect for those beneath ye, taking their lives into your own hands, and to call in an Eldar from across the nation to help you after you get pregnant because it is NOW a threat in your eyes because it somehow affects YOU?! This is suffering thy people to tend thy sickness.

This is Scandalous and I call the Philodox to convene on these truths.
Seven Mountains
Ragabash, Fostern
Silver Fang Pure Breed x4
Speaks: Russian, English

Offline Nike 'Slays the Patriarchy' Strilakos

• Anna Bradley
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 11:22:24 AM »
((this is a super old thread, when are you spreadign this stuff around so ican you know respond to the parts where you are lying?))
Homid | Ahroun | Elder | Black fury

Pure Breed 2(black fury)

Offline Mass Trauma NPC

• (Guest) Rick
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 12:22:28 PM »
Backdated: Have people forgotten that Jerry is a bonegnawer? I hear he does great stuff I've just never seen it. Or smelled it... ugh... bonegnawers...

Current: You know what the Ukenta did all day? Killed shit. Everything, dead. Even things that were already dead? More dead. Undead? Back to dead.

Offline Sir Garret of the Fuzzies

• (Guest) Tom
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 05:25:44 PM »
So this story's been a long time comin' but I feel I can tell it now tha' some of the sting is gone.  Lets just say, that certain events last Beltane left me bloody an' unable to shift form.  The worst part of this, was tha' I was stuck in homid, of all things, which was pretty damn annoying.

Luckily for, it was Beltane an' there were a lot of smart Garou around to figure me out. 

Jared-Rhya, Elder Theurge of the Uktena did some things, an' while he could heal my wounds that could not be healed by gifts, he couldn't figure out how to allow me to shift.

Rhiannon, Athro Theurge of the Fianna vowed revenge on those that did this to me, but was unable to grant me tha' ability to change back.

A group got together to hatch a plan.  What if they beat me the hell up, and when I had the lights knocked out of me, I would shift to lupus.  So a group gathered, and proceeded to beat the ever-loving hell out of me, and sure enough when I was healed, I was in my breed form.  Of course, now that I was in my breed form, I could not easily heal myself, and so someone had to heal me back to fighting condition.

But then I was stuck in Lupus.  I felt a little better, at least being my my breed form, but soon we were going to have to hunt some Wyrm, among other things, as well as a spiritual quest through the Umbra, and there I was, stuck in lupus.

So after being poked and prodded by Athro and Elder theurges, surrounded and beat into a pulp by everyone else, It was Masha's Wisdom who solved the problem, and with a few quick experiments of her own, in roughly five minutes time, she had solved what others could not, quite tidily.

Later that very same day, I fought and helped kill a Thunder Wyrm, and some terrible Elder Evils from some far realm.  I surely would've died, had I not been able to wield my Klaive, regenerate, and fight in my War Forms.

Had Masha not been so Wise at solving this conundrum that others could not, the Righ of the East could have fallen in battle, or worse still, had to sit out of those battles so that others could fall in my place.  While the first will someday be inevitable, the second is an indignity far worse than death.

I'm not one to brag about members of the First Tribe... in fact, I've held my tongue on this one for months because of my own bias... but let it be known that if you're ever walking in the woods alone, a little drunk and a bunch of cowardly morons jump you and put a terrible Geas on you, Masha may just be the theurge clever enough to trick your way around it.

And it kills me to say it, but Dominic figured out how to get rid of the whole damn thing after he busted some skulls to find who was responsible.  He didn't solve it in a wise way like Masha, but what he did was very honorable.

Now excuse me while I take a bath.  I feel dirty.

((Masha +Wisdom, Dominic +Honor))
Garret "Dreamwalker" Lupus Galliard Fianna Athro
Fianna purebreed x5
Righ of the East
Guardian of Vigilant Light
Eldest Galliard
Member of Red Bull
Has pointed ears, and a pentagram on the palm of his hand.  Also has Owl wings in the Umbra