Author Topic: Talen production  (Read 1642 times)

Offline Taweret

• Emmy Varden, RAtC Charter Member
  • Emmy
Talen production
« on: May 14, 2008, 08:43:22 AM »
Since it was never really clarified, how many Talens can the Theurges make during a downtime? Like, can they make 2x their Gnosis during the month?
Taweret 'Ascends the Glass Tower'
Athro Homid Silent Strider Galliard
Beta of 'Curators of the Quiet Road' under Peregrine Falcon

Offline Mike

• Mike Leitao
  • Mike L
Re: Talen production
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 08:53:09 AM »
Well A:

Not only theurges can make talens its anyone with the rite

B:

The rite technically takes 10 minutes to cast, while i dont want people making talens every ten minutes and stockpiling them I dont want to limit them either.  My preference has always been to role play this out.  If you stockpile and leave a spirit in a talen too long it wont work plain and simple. 

Offline Owen Smith

• (Guest) Ken
  • Athro, Homid, Child of Gaia, Ahroun
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 08:57:47 AM »
So ramping up for a major battle is pretty simple, but if they're not used, the spirits in the Talens should be freed.
To win in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Offline Mike

• Mike Leitao
  • Mike L
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 09:22:05 AM »
Exactly,

I always felt limiting to gnosis level or whatever effected the genre and just wasnt explainable.
You know if you are abusing it, you know when Spirit Notierity starts creeping into play.

Offline PEBE

• Joe T
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 12:10:37 PM »
Just to chime in, you have to take account that the ritual itself only takes 10 min, but the time spent bartering with the spirit and performing it's chiminage will add up. Don't try and overextend yourself by performing too many other downtime activities as your stressed demeanor will be reflected in how well the talon's works..
Joe
PC: Purifies the Earth with the Blood of his Enemies, 'Brother to the Winds' (aka "Pebe", also (to the Corax) "Mr Grumpy Pants Uktena")

All complaints must be submitted in the form of lyrical rhymes!
2 + 2 = 5 for sufficiently large values of 2