Author Topic: Public Renown Reports (April-May)  (Read 3208 times)

Offline Justin Northwood

• RAtC Charter Member
  • Marc
Public Renown Reports (April-May)
« on: April 24, 2011, 12:16:10 AM »
This thread is for the posting of Public Renown Reports for the April-May downtime cycle.

Please do: Be as descriptive as possible.  Renown is a direct reflection/result of the tales told in the nation.  This is a very public thing, hence this public forum in which to post reports.

Please don't: Engage in additional IC (or OOC) conversations within this thread.  If another character is saying things about you that you do not like, start a thread somewhere appropriate and take it up with them IC ("so I hear you've been saying stuff about me...")  This thread is not the place to do that!

"The Rules" for this thread:

[-1-] Ahroun, Philodox and Theurge may post one item of particular note to the public report.

[-2-] Galliards and Ragabash may post two items to the public report.  Those holding the position of eldest Galliard or Ragabash may post up to three items.

[-3-] All other items of Renown worthiness may be submitted via Private Message as normal.

Anyone not comfortable with the public thread may forgo it altogether and submit only a private report.  Just remember, items appearing in the public reports will be given more weight than the privately submitted items.  Renown is a very public thing!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 12:22:26 AM by Marc (HST) »
Marc Berman

Offline Sir Garret of the Fuzzies

• (Guest) Tom
Re: Public Renown Reports (April-May)
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 04:22:27 AM »
Birds of a Feather Murder Together

Alright, alright... I know I shamelessly tell the tales of my fellow Fianna every chance I get.  But its my job.  They're like my kids.  But seriously... Seriously... they earned it this time.  I coulda been born their worst enemy, but after seein' what I saw, I'd have tah be mute to not speak up about these kids.  Any Galliard would.  Eoin... he like... jumped from safety into the fray of battle to fight tooth an' claw, at what appeared to be one of the most ancient an' evil threats Gaia an' her ken had ever faced.  Then his sister, without even a second thought jumped right in after him.  Those two 'ave got some spirit in them.  Then Sebastian, myself, an' Orange jumped right down after them, and the next thing we knew we were thick in a massive battle against enemies with some viciously poisoned weapons.  I mean, their attacks were so deadly, a single blow went right through my Luna's Armor, right through any ability to avoid poison an' struck me harder than any Garou claw.  They were not fucking around, an' neither were we.  Eion- LITERALLY turned his opponent into liquid, an' he moved like liquid.  In fact all tha' kids did.  Even in my most angered state, The McKinnons, Orange, and Sebastian all moved faster for longer than I've ever been able.  I've never seen Garou wield their rage like such a finely tuned spear.  I learned a lot from them.  Eoin rarely missed his enemies, even though they were more armed and physically his betters.  That's how I know that kid's got a strong spirit.  Sebastian too.  So there we were fighting hard.  I myself reveled in the opportunity to jump into an area where I was surrounded by Fir Bolg, to cause as many of them as I could to run in terror.  With each enemy we felled, the remaining one's grew stronger and bigger until finally one ultimate enemy remained.  A massive Fomorian... with one eye.  It fixed its dread gaze at me- an' I withstood it, an' then affixed my dread gaze at it... because seriously... when is a Fianna ever going to get tha chance of using Balor's Gaze on Balor- or at least some spiritual representation of it.  The kids moved in, and with one last surge of rage we took down our foe.

I'm hopin' tha' the Morrigu are satisfied now tha' we gave em' a fight, an' if their not... bring it on.  Other's might be mad at Eoin for what he did, an' what he put us through, but I can't thank him enough.  Its been awhile since I felt truly myself, an' tha' fight did tha' trick.  We fought hard, with honor, and wisely fulfilling what a spirit required of us, guided by visions.
(The McKinnon siblings, Sebastian, Garret and Lynn (yes even Lynn) ++Glory, +Honor, +Wisdom)

Oh Brother Where Art Thou

Family's important.  Brothers.  Sisters. Packmates. Mates.  Its one of the few parts of the Weaver I like.  The one that bind us to our loved ones.  Fabrizzo frenzied on Alice, while she was the Alpha- and I can't blame him.  I know what that hurt is like, tah have your sibling taken from you- an' feel like your hands are tied at your sides.  I know how close tha' can come to consuming you, especially when you think you've lost them, an' how you'll stop at nothing to get them back.

Well we've got him back, an' his eyes won't open, an' watching the grief upon Fabrizzo's face is like lookin' into a dark mirror, except I don' see myself in it.  I see now what Ari went through when she'd though she'd lost me.  I almost didn' survive it, an' she didn'.  I hope fer better things from Fabrizzo, an' as long as he continues to fight for Gaia despite what was taken from him- he's earned honor in my book.

An' others are trying hard to make new families an' new ties.  An' there's wisdom in tha'.

(+Honor to Fabrizzo, +Wisdom to Jack and Benjamin for trying to make new families)

The Brady Bunch: Masha, Masha, Masha

Masha and Damien.  Thank Gaia the two of them had visions to help Guide me an mine to glory in combat and solving what was displeasing a very powerful spirit.  I don't much care for Damien a lot of the time.  He questions orders, hesitates when he's given an order, gives a flicker of attitude when he finally does do what you tell him to do... you know... young Homid.  He holds onto a lot of his human side- and someday it might get him killed- just like me holding on to my lupus side might get me killed.  I suppose its important to keep some qualities of our birthright... but man is it annoying.

Anyway, that's just an' old Garou griping about kids these days.  These kids, that day did a good job, to help my tribe make peace with one of its spirits, an' they've got this griping old Galliard's thanks.  Oh yeh- an tha' Tom fella helped too.
(Damien and Masha +wisdom for helpful visions and insight)
Garret "Dreamwalker" Lupus Galliard Fianna Athro
Fianna purebreed x5
Righ of the East
Guardian of Vigilant Light
Eldest Galliard
Member of Red Bull
Has pointed ears, and a pentagram on the palm of his hand.  Also has Owl wings in the Umbra

Offline Arthur A Dennison

• (Guest) Shonn
  • Sometimes you don't get a chance to say goodbye.
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 04:47:30 AM »
This is long overdue. Garret is a liar, which normally I respect, but he's bad at it. Alexander didn't "kill" Arianna or Scrabbles. As Alpha he had certain duties and he attended to them while providing aid to a neighboring sept in their time of need. Garret's own absence and neglect of perceived family has him superimposing guilt on Alexander for this and now that he isn't going to kill himself over it it's high time he stop blaming someone else, someone better than him. Where were you, Garret, when they died? Chasing Rank? Pathetic.

Also, for the last time, stop equating someone intentionally rigging Meghan's car to explode painfully ending her life in a cloud of gasoline, flames, and tears with your irrational fear of weaver machines. For an Athro Lupus you sure have learned next to nothing about your human side, which is fine, if you'd stop trying to punish everyone else for not paying attention to the lupus. Hypocrite, liar, what else?

Oh, that's right, you couldn't intentionally lie to save your daughter's ass. It takes a Strider to pull her out of that funk and retrieve her from a gang she practically sold herself to. You're just an idiot.

Hypocritical lying idiot. Doesn't sound Glorious, Honorable or Wise to me.

Garret and I disagreed on the facts relating to the Deaths of Arianna, Scrabbles in the Dust, and Meghan and while I've advised him it's unhealthy to blame everyone for everything he has more of the right of the situation than I do.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 02:24:51 PM by Mick LaSalle »
Pure Breed x3
Expressive x4

"When we die
We will die with our arms unbound
And this is why
This is why we fight"

Offline Sebastian Prey-To-None

• (Guest) Drew
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 08:36:02 AM »
Benjamin/Ben/Ehud +Glory, +Honor, +Wisdom

Regardless of who's in his head at the time, this guy's done alot to turn around the mistakes he's made in the past.  He went to Hidden Flame and came back covered in the blood of banes he slayed, further proving that he's a skilled warrior.  He has also stepped up to run some of the training sessions, sharing his knowledge and showing great potential to be a future leader.  He has been extremely proactive in trying to make amends with Garou he's had conflicts with (ie. Jack Harrison, Bella), and wishes to forego the glory of a battle scar so that he can regain his ability to have cubs and bring a new generation of garou and/or kinfolk into the world.  Glorious, honorable and wise.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 08:37:50 AM by Sebastian Prey-To-None »
"It takes 42 muscles to frown but it only takes 4 muscles to extend ur arm and jawjack that motherf**ker right in the face."

Offline Nike 'Slays the Patriarchy' Strilakos

• Anna Bradley
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 12:18:46 PM »
I didn't see it but i heard it.  Garret used Belor's Gaze on Belor himself?  That takes balls.  Especially when it works.  +Glory
Homid | Ahroun | Elder | Black fury

Pure Breed 2(black fury)

Offline Carter Heyward

• RAtC Charter Member
  • Andrew
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 12:31:50 PM »
I dunno, those Fianna, always boasting. You know when you go off to appease a spirit who was frankly enormously annoyed, and probably wanted to kill some of you, and you do what she asked and want MORE renown? That's arrogance and a new human word I just learned: hubris. You are all honorable, yes, for keeping your promises, and maybe even glorious, but it's pretty unwise to boast of doing what you should be doing anyway.

(-Wisdom for the Fianna. Sebastian, the McKinnons, Lynne and Garret)
Cuius est solum, eius est usque ad coelum et ad inferos.

Offline Rikki Waterman

• (Guest) Rob Chumsae
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 03:05:43 PM »
So what can i say bout Eoin. hes an asshat. so as i hear it he makes a deal with a spirit (doesnt matter if its his mom or not) to help him out in a friendly fight and then doesnt pay her back. naturaly the spirit gets pissed and then all the fianna get dragged off to fix his problem (my packmate included) endagering sept members (while at the time i dont believe he was part of the sept). for a theurge whos "thing" is dealin with spirits blantly shows disregard for his deals and as i stated before total asshat.

(-honor, -wisdom)
Rikki Waterman
Ragabash, Cub
Silver Fang Pure Breed x4
Speaks: Dutch, Flemish, English

Offline Benjamin

• (Guest) Joshua M
  • "We're not crazy. All three of us are sane."
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 03:00:37 AM »
Seven Mountains.

Ok... I feel a little conflicted about this Lupus. On the one hand, he didn't check whether Falcon had asked Masha, personally, to summon him back, a commitment I would be calling her unwise not to honor. On the other hand, he taught Jerry an important lesson, without actually causing permanent harm. He can seem kinda lazy sometimes, laying around the sept with time to poke around in business he's not strictly part of, but he's worked his butt off to improve himself, even overcoming his Lupus background to learn some forms of combat that don't come naturally to wolves, such as archery and firearms, and pushing to learn more. Where I had to poke some people to get them to let me test them, he stepped right up to make it easier to make sure the sept was getting the training it needs and to not be a bother. He participated in a challenge for Beta Ragabash that he lost... which meant he had a pledge of the new Beta Ragabash's support for his own bid for Alpha Ragabash, and my head is still dizzy over that challenge. He's spent a long time packless, but it looks like he's getting serious about that now, and whoever he ends up with is going to have themselves a quality Ragabash.

So... to sum up? Seven Mountains is a puzzling individual, maybe not perfect, but always working hard to make sure people are doing the right thing and to do his part for the sept as a classy Ragabash Silver Fang. I wish him well, and I hope one day I can keep up with what he's planning next... but I won't feel too bad if I can't, as he's quite a wily wolf.

((Net: +.1 Glory, +.1 Honor, +.1 Wisdom))
Benjamin
Homid, Ahroun, Silent Strider, Fostern
Pure Breed (Silent Strider): 3
Tireless, Graceful
Magnetic, Charming
Vigilant, Intuitive
Fair Glabro
Owl Wings in the Umbra

Offline Jerry Castillo

• Matt Kamm
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 07:59:12 AM »
((I didn't get the chance to do this month's before my character got dead, but hopefully the staff will allow this to have happened before Jerry died))

Seven Mountains is a huge jerk and I don't like him.  Okay, I guess that's not totally true.  He pushes my buttons all the time and makes me feel stupid, which gets me mad.  But I usually find, after I cool down and think about what he's said, that it makes a whole dang bunch of sense.  Ragabash have a thankless job of poking a bunch of people who don't like being poked, and Seven Mountains has gone out of his way to totally ignore the polite conversation option and ask the tough questions.  Plus, he showed us and It's Not Easy some hot-shot fighting and smart tactics.  I gotta give the dude props, however he might piss me off!  (+Glory, +Wisdom, +Honor)

I gotta admit, Lynne Lucas sure surprised me.  When she got here, she wouldn't barely look nobody in the eyes, and she just took all the abuse people heaped on her for being a Metis without once talking back.  I taken so much shit in my life for stuff that ain't my fault that I couldn't believe she'd just lay down like that.  But when The Cavalry faced off against It's Not Easy in a pack sparring match, she weren't no pushover.  She stood her ground and took everything I could dish out, and she was the last member of her pack left standing, and even with our whole pack surrounding her and beating on her she refused to go down.  I had to put my jaws on her throat and beat her half to burger before she surrendered.  Plus, I heard Garret call her by her actual name once while telling the tale of what the Fianna did this month.  Earning that level of props from him, even if it was unconscious, is pretty telling.  (+Glory)
Geraldo "Zero Casualties" Castillo
Homid Adren Bone Gnawer Galliard

Missing three fingers on his left hand
Jagged facial scar, improperly set shoulder