Author Topic: Shift in games?  (Read 1566 times)

Offline Mike

• Mike Leitao
  • Mike L
Shift in games?
« on: October 16, 2007, 11:53:32 AM »
An Idea bouncing around is to shift our schedule to play only once a month.
This would allow the game to stay fresher promote more of an appropriate schedule people can plan for.
I know alot of players have issue with making it to every game and it puts strain on the ST staff.

My Idea is to play every four weeks.  This way we don't interfere with HF.
So Game this Saturday the 20th, our next game would be November the 17th.
I think once a month would help us boost player participation and player attendance, possibly even drawing from the CT games for players as well as visitors.

This is just an idea currently and I would like to hear from the Players as this is your game.

Tani

Re: Shift in games?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 12:20:27 PM »
It would be a heck of a lot easier for Jase & I, but our schedule is so randomly fubar that consideration should go to the players that can make it there more often to begin with.

Offline Carter Heyward

• RAtC Charter Member
  • Andrew
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 02:32:56 PM »
I agree completely, not only because it might enable me to rearrange my schedule to attend Hiddenflame, but also because the twice/month thing always seemed to be something born of unconscious competition with other games, to keep up XP-wise among other things. We currently don't have the player base for games every two weeks to make sense.

Furthermore, perhaps expand the lenght of the games, as you will be available to do this, Mike?
Cuius est solum, eius est usque ad coelum et ad inferos.

Offline Justin Northwood

• RAtC Charter Member
  • Marc
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 04:40:08 PM »
I kind of like the idea too...  Not that Joe and I mind having game at our house (seriously, we really don't care), but just for the fact that for quite a while we've been gaming every single Saturday between the two games, so having the weekend off occasionally would be nice, and would allow us to plan other things to happen on off weekends, so we wouldn't always feel like we were missing out on one game or the other if we have something to do...  I'll let Joe speak for himself though if his opinion differs...
Marc Berman

Offline Carter Heyward

• RAtC Charter Member
  • Andrew
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 05:42:21 PM »
The other bonus for this is it would allow us to schedule trips to other nearby games, and show other games how good we are, and encourage them in turn to visit us. Admittedly only Hiddenflame and City of Shadows count for this, but you never know how the OWbN map can change.

Offline Mike

• Mike Leitao
  • Mike L
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 05:56:30 PM »
there are several games in the area we could go play.

LONE is a sabbat game playing relatively close by, COS, HF, Hartford, Midnight Ride.  All games close by.

I definitly can expand game time as I only have two weeks left in my bartending job.

Offline Carter Heyward

• RAtC Charter Member
  • Andrew
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 12:01:18 PM »
Can we get a calendar update, then? As it still shows the twice-a-month schedule.

Also can we get the pack area updated as well?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 12:18:52 PM by Calvin Yellowhair »