Author Topic: Upcoming Game Changes  (Read 4260 times)

Offline Mike

• Mike Leitao
  • Mike L
Upcoming Game Changes
« on: February 17, 2014, 01:18:37 PM »
Hello fellow larpers,

As we prepare for the spring and our game moving to its warmer weather location, I want to update you on the major changes coming to this game.

Andrew has kept this ship going for years and will be returning to being a player.
He has done a fantastic job of keeping this game running and deserves his break from ST'ing, etc.

I will be stepping back into the HST role.  I will be handling most if not all major plots within the game, of course with help from the other ST's.  Joe will continue as an ST and will be handling Influences in this game as well as become the Spirit ST.  Marc will continue to be the Admin and will handle all council stuff.  Matt wil continue to be the personal plot ST (I hope I havent spoken to him yet).

I started this game quite awhile ago and  felt it ran very successfully under me.
I'm looking to bring this game back to it's roots.
Built around large plots, with strong personal character movement and a strong internet forums presence.
You will see an uptick in forum scenes and hopefully build up excitement to the games.

Some of you have played in the game when I was HST.  I strive to make sure games are action packed start to finish.  I start games on time and jam a lot into the short time of game, but I also end on time too.

Now for the stuff you may not like.

I will be paring back the rules posted and defined in this game.
It has become too much of a crutch and is a detriment to this game in my opinion.
I want to bring us more back in line with the rest of OWbN.
I feel our players can't compete on the national stage as much as the other games.
This does not mean we will be turning into a extreme liberal game, but we won't be conservative either.

I'm hoping the players of the game will be patient with the changes and allow us a leash to show you the new game when spring rolls around.  Joe, Marc, and Matt will remain having PC's in this game, but I am shelfing all PC's until the late summer months to help facilitate this transition.

Post your questions I will make sure I answer each one.

Offline Nike 'Slays the Patriarchy' Strilakos

• Anna Bradley
Re: Upcoming Game Changes
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 01:23:51 PM »
i thought you were not allowed to be HST under org rules?
Homid | Ahroun | Elder | Black fury

Pure Breed 2(black fury)

Offline Mike

• Mike Leitao
  • Mike L
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 01:25:23 PM »
I am, I'm not allowed any org position which is A OK with me.

• Anna Bradley
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 01:27:23 PM »
HST of an org game is not an org position?  k.

do you have an idea yet of WHAT you are going to be doing away with in terms of rules?  And also are you doing anything to normalize the characters that have been built adhering to current rules?

Pure Breed 2(black fury)

Offline Mike

• Mike Leitao
  • Mike L
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 01:35:12 PM »
HST is not an Org position, Council Member is however but I will not be Rage's council member.

I am going to be relaxing the learning times, putting more emphasis on role play to learn things versus time standards and going through the motions.
I will be including Spirit viewpoints on renown.  Keeping the current structure but requiring my ST's to give me a report after each game for renown.  I feel that side has been missing.

I am eliminating the recognizing renown aspect.  I know many like this but I would rather your roleplaying experience be tied to learning and teaching, and the plots versus this kind of activity.

As far as normalizing characters, I believe the changes I am making will help those with new characters have a clearer idea of the paths they want to go on as far as character development.  I feel those who have grown up in the current world will benefit from the new structure to flesh out their characters from this point on.  I dont think we would need to make vast changes to any character because of the rule changes. 

• Anna Bradley
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 01:54:09 PM »
Are you keeping wait times on rank?

Pure Breed 2(black fury)

Offline Mike

• Mike Leitao
  • Mike L
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 01:59:57 PM »
We will be keeping wait times on rank.
Although I am unsure of what they currently are and they may change.

I tried looking for them but the forums are defeating me.

Offline Matt (HST)

• Matt Kamm
  • (Storytellers)
  • Storyteller
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 02:01:03 PM »
Naturally I'm happy to keep up with personal plots / stuff I've already started. Look forward to working with you, Mike!
Thirty minutes or it's free? EXCELLENT!
Once again, I am free to smite the world as I did in days long past.

Offline Mike

• Mike Leitao
  • Mike L
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2014, 02:01:55 PM »
I just tried to like this post Matt as if I was on FB, you get a howl instead.

Offline Marc (Admin)

• Marc Berman
  • (Storytellers)
  • Administrator & Storyteller
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2014, 02:06:28 PM »
I echo Mike's sentiments here.  Over the years our game has become mired in a complicated and overgrown rule-set that is strangling us, and does little but make the game more frustrating for everyone involved.  To put it plainly, most of our rules are crutches and barriers that do more to stifle good storytelling than to facilitate it.

By stripping back the rules, we grant the staff the necessary liberties to make more thoughtful decisions that are case-by-case and tailored to specific characters and specific situations, rather than a force-fit "because reasons."
"When bad things happen,
 I know you want to believe they are a joke,
 but sometimes life is scary and dark.
 That is why we must find the light" –BMO

Offline Mike

• Mike Leitao
  • Mike L
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2014, 02:11:45 PM »
I am also making my st's carry notebooks to jot down what is happening around them as well as player questions for staff.  Building back up our communication network.

Offline AndrewD

• Andrew Devrell
  • Andrew
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2014, 02:16:27 PM »
I will scour the decisions regarding Mike and Strikes, to ensure we don't have any transition problems related to that specific issue, as current Council Member for this game.
I am the shadow on the moon at night
Filling your dreams to the brim with fright!

Offline Mike

• Mike Leitao
  • Mike L
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2014, 02:22:17 PM »
I just reviewed the rank times and they are the original time frames set when the game started.  We will be keeping those times.

Offline Seven Mountains

• Vance
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2014, 02:37:41 PM »
I am interested to hear how this all shakes out.
Seven Mountains
Ragabash, Fostern
Silver Fang Pure Breed x4
Speaks: Russian, English

• Anna Bradley
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2014, 02:59:20 PM »
kk.

Pure Breed 2(black fury)