Author Topic: Beltane question  (Read 1351 times)

Offline Nike 'Slays the Patriarchy' Strilakos

• Anna Bradley
Beltane question
« on: May 23, 2011, 09:14:06 PM »
hey do you guys know, what stuff does one need to bring to Beltane?  It sounds like food, and stuff like sleeping bag and pillow.  should i bring camp chairs? anything else?  i am not sure how "roughing it" this camp is...
Homid | Ahroun | Elder | Black fury

Pure Breed 2(black fury)

Offline Arthur A Dennison

• (Guest) Shonn
  • Sometimes you don't get a chance to say goodbye.
Re: Beltane question
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 09:37:03 PM »
The camp is hardly 'roughing it' by my memories. Chairs are ALWAYS a good idea, though. You never know where you're going to end up wanting them. There are picnic tables and various other such places on site, though.

Outside of water there is no sustenance type things available on site. This isn't stopping anyone from driving ten minutes into town or fifteen/twenty minutes into New Haven but you should bring food/drink, obviously.

Towels, clothes, toiletries, etc. for showering/hygiene.

Bug spray/sun screen if you're so inclined(everyone always insists they're a must, but I've never had need...your mileage may vary.)

I recommend being prepared for rain. This time of year it's almost a constant for the area, even when the weathermen insist otherwise.
Pure Breed x3
Expressive x4

"When we die
We will die with our arms unbound
And this is why
This is why we fight"

Offline Nike 'Slays the Patriarchy' Strilakos

• Anna Bradley
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 09:40:02 PM »
is there electricity?  can i bring a crockpot and stuff?

can one drive up to the cabins?  if i bring a cooler full of food, is it easy to get it to where it needs to live?
Homid | Ahroun | Elder | Black fury

Pure Breed 2(black fury)

Offline Arthur A Dennison

• (Guest) Shonn
  • Sometimes you don't get a chance to say goodbye.
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 09:57:21 PM »
I answered the first two questions there on the HF site. It comes down to yes and yes, but the long version is there.

You cannot drive up to the cabins, per se, but you can get pretty close. With a helping hand getting a cooler to the cabin you are staying in, or the main hall if necessary for use of the refrigerator, should not be terribly difficult. The main hall can be driven up to.
Pure Breed x3
Expressive x4

"When we die
We will die with our arms unbound
And this is why
This is why we fight"