Author Topic: Public Renown Reports (March-April)  (Read 2526 times)

Offline Marc (Admin)

• Marc Berman
  • (Storytellers)
  • Administrator & Storyteller
Public Renown Reports (March-April)
« on: February 01, 2012, 03:27:45 PM »
This thread is for the posting of Public Renown Reports for March-April downtime cycle.

Note: If backdated items are submitted, please be sure to indicate such, to help the staff (and your fellow players) differentiate them from the current month's items.

Please do: Be as descriptive as possible.  Renown is a direct reflection/result of the tales told in the nation.  This is a very public thing, hence this public forum in which to post reports.

Please don't: Engage in additional IC (or OOC) conversations within this thread.  If another character is saying things about you that you do not like, start a thread somewhere appropriate and take it up with them IC ("so I hear you've been saying stuff about me...")  This thread is not the place to do that!

"The Rules" for this thread:

[-1-] Ahroun, Philodox and Theurge may post one item of particular note to the public report.

[-2-] Galliards and Ragabash may post two items to the public report.  Those holding the position of eldest Galliard or Ragabash may post up to three items.

[-3-] All other items of Renown worthiness may be included in your downtime report as normal.

Anyone not comfortable with the public thread may forgo it altogether and submit only a private report (via your downtime sheet).  Just remember, items appearing in the public reports will be given more weight than the privately submitted items.  Renown is a very public thing!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 09:56:09 AM by Administrator »
"When bad things happen,
 I know you want to believe they are a joke,
 but sometimes life is scary and dark.
 That is why we must find the light" –BMO

Offline Taweret

• Emmy Varden, RAtC Charter Member
  • Emmy
Re: Public Renown Reports (March-April)
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 12:34:28 AM »
(Unprocessed from February-March)

There are some tenants of the Litany that have been hotly debated over our long history. Such as Do not Suffer Others to Tend to thy Sickness. What constitutes as a sickness? Why not cure the cureable? Or Respect all those Beneath Ye, all are of Gaia. Does this mean whining, insolent Cliath, or the prey I just hunted?

Other Tenants have the advantage of being clear. Do not such Action that Causes a Caern to be Violated. Submission to Those of a Higher Station. And the one I will speak on: The Leader may be Challenged at any time during Peace.

Alexander violated this *very* black and white Tenant of the litany with, I can see, absolutely no consequences. This was after Silver was brought into a challenge that was not to the Death. Time and time again I see poor examples being set, and poor examples weaken us all.

--Honor & Wisdom to Alexander for violating the Litany
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 01:31:07 PM by Administrator »
Taweret 'Ascends the Glass Tower'
Athro Homid Silent Strider Galliard
Beta of 'Curators of the Quiet Road' under Peregrine Falcon

Offline Ash 'Flirts With Danger'

• (Guest) Sami
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 02:48:35 PM »

Hey, sorry for the late reply.  I spent most of the last gathering in a Totem quest, so I didn't get to see much after that.

That doesn't mean I don't have something to howl about, though.

If it hadn't been for Gaia's Trojan Horse, my little project would never have gotten off the ground.  He worked tirelessly for months making sure we could get Project Sephirot up and running.  Outside of training someone in his tribe, he's provided a profound contribution to the sept.  It's gonna be a slow build so we don't lose the chance to do something even more awesome with it, but if it hadn't been for him, we wouldn't have the potential for Epic Protective Wooj out there.  Ask me for more information!

(Patrick: +Honor, ++Wisdom)

Also, a lil' howl for Jerry.  He had a chip on his shoulder against Cahill, and for understandable reasons, but he's put it aside for the good of the sept and Gaia.  Props to him.

(Jerry: +Honor)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 01:30:57 PM by Administrator »
Ash "Flirts With Danger" Warner
Homid Fostern Glass Walker Galliard
Eldest Glass Walker
Currently Unpacked

Offline JamesLee

• (Guest) Mac
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 09:29:04 PM »

Just as Theurges are our bridge to the spirits, Luna granted her half-moons the duty to guard our honor and laws. I've heard some confused comments about procedures and the Litany over this past year, I assume mostly from the younger Garou, so I wanted to emphasize this:

There are four Philodox who live at this Sept. At any given time, there are at least two of us on the Bawn. If you have questions or concerns, you should talk to us. Our role is that of mediators and advisers as well as judge, jury, and (if need be) executioner, so do not feel intimidated to ask for clarification. It is our job, and only our job, to interpret and prosecute the laws by which we live.

Garrett lives up to his role as an Elder of this Sept by reporting his concerns when he finds them, and trusting the Council to do our job.

If for some reason you do not trust the Philodox in this Sept, I suggest you talk to the Ragabash about the esteem in which the Nation holds our honor.

All of that said, if I find out that you suspect a Litany breach and have not reported it to the Council? I will consider you complicit and be far less kind.

+ Honor and Wisdom to Garret for foreseeing a potential issue and abiding by the Philodox decision
--- Honor and Wisdom to Alice for being an Athro in challenge for Elder and failing to abide by the very foundations of our society
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 01:30:29 PM by Administrator »
"Alone we traveled on with nothing but a shadow.
We fled, far away."

Offline Sir Garret of the Fuzzies

• (Guest) Tom
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 08:31:04 AM »

The Old Ways
[ws=]To say it is only the Philodox's job to find meaning and seek justice by the Litany is to imply much of the Auspices.  Most of us have fought with all our being as an Ahroun does.  Most of us hold stories close to our hearts and will share them with others.  Most of us have held the litany and thought upon it before acting.  Most of us have learned gifts from spirits without a theurge bridging the gap.  Most of us have questioned the actions of others.[/ws]  Dominic has done all five of these things.

A Leader May Be Challenged At Any Time During Peace.

Those are the words of our law.  And despite them- what happened on the mound happened on the mound.  It is the ways of some to tell only those involved when they see a problem.  It is the ways of others to tell all those around them.  The Heart of the East, and a Theurge on the brink of Elder can afford to speak her words to all.  In our Traditions as Garou, those of the Rank of Athro do not need to answer to a Philodox Council for punishment, but only an Elder council.

I find Alice honorable and wise to state her opinions in the open, and not simply to the Philodox council.  The Philodox Council who failed to openly address this situation ahead of time.  The Philodox Council who failed to punish Walks despite the urging of an Athro, and held a betrayer in their ranks.

+++Honor and Wisdom to Alice

Wooden't you Help Too?
It is hard being an old wolf, filled with worry.  I see many changings of the Ways, and many Garou who do strange and questionable things; especially the young.  And then I go and take out a batch of Cliath to investigate something that was rubbing me in the wrong way, to see what's going on, and all of my worry is put to rest.  Eoin, and Magnuson did a brilliant job at working with the spirits and aiding in a rite.  Kiara, Adam and Anklebiter were helpful and insightful.  Patrick might find something using that science thing.  I've said it before the Kings of my Tribes, and Elders- the youth of Vigilant Light is something to behold.

+Wisdom for Eoin, Magnuson, Kiara, Adam, Anklebiter, Garret, Patrick for discovering, finding, cleansing/healing a place that was becoming Wyrm tainted and stopping it before it go too late.

Hounds on Mounds with Crowns
I still've got a lot of faith in the Philodox Council, and their ability to keep the Mound a sacred and just place.  This faith has been tested however, and I cannot fault someone for questioning them, but I'll defend them if they question them for the wrong reason.  That being said, I've seen a lot of things happen that wouldn't happen in Ireland, and believe you me, we've got our own share of issues.

I don't think PEBE was killed or died, because Nunavut's Rage would've... well... done SOMETHING... something terrible most likely.  Noting that, to have Silver on the Mound is calling for a challenge to the death.  When you brandish Silver at another Garou, its tantamount to saying 'I'm gunna kill you'.

So that being said:

NONE OF YOU HAVE ENOUGH HONOR OR ISSUES TO BE KILLING OTHER GAROU IN CHALLENGES TO THE DEATH!

Gaia made you to defend her, not so you can try an' off each other on and off the mound.  Its stupid.  Now I know what many of you are thinking... But Garret didn't you and Alexander- YES WE DID- and I railed myself because of it then.  The only difference is I learned not to try to dice up Garou with Silver.  And honestly... after watching that fight, PEBE was no match for Alexander.  He coulda used a little more restraint...

-Wisdom PEBE and Alexander: for pulling Silver on the Mound in a challenge that wasn't stated to be to the death.
-Honor PEBE and Alexander: for pulling Silver on the Mound and NOT killing the opponent.
+Glory PEBE and Alexander: For fighting an opponent who held Silver.

And nix that whole honor thing, if PEBE is dead...
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 01:30:46 PM by Administrator »
Garret "Dreamwalker" Lupus Galliard Fianna Athro
Fianna purebreed x5
Righ of the East
Guardian of Vigilant Light
Eldest Galliard
Member of Red Bull
Has pointed ears, and a pentagram on the palm of his hand.  Also has Owl wings in the Umbra