Author Topic: Winter Location?  (Read 1417 times)

Offline Carter Heyward

• RAtC Charter Member
  • Andrew
Winter Location?
« on: August 06, 2008, 03:43:08 PM »
We should start to think about this, as Joe and Marc are gracious hosts, allowing us to dirty up their house once-a-month, but I don't think we can all squeeze inside when the weather gets cooler.

Thoughts, ideas, concerns?
Cuius est solum, eius est usque ad coelum et ad inferos.

Offline Lakota

• Heather
Re: Winter Location?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 04:21:45 PM »
My house is a little bigger, but is also further away for most folks.
Sings the Rift Closed on Turtle's Back
Homid born
Uktena (purebreed 1)
Galliard
Athro
Pack: It's a Secret

Arianna_Fireau

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 05:14:28 PM »
I might have an area that might be available that's /big/ with four walls and a roof. Catch is there's no heat, it's sand for a floor and, once again, a bit more of a hike for most people (excluding Tom and Caroline). Also game may have to start a couple hours later (but could run as late as they wanted). I wanted feedback before persuing this further so... yeah :)

Offline Justin Northwood

• RAtC Charter Member
  • Marc
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 08:17:33 PM »
As when the weather is bad, during the cooler months we don't mind having game at the house, only asking that people leave shoes by the door or on the porch to keep the tracked-in stuff down and help cleanup trash from anything you bring in.  Other than that theres really no problem other than space.  There are plenty of rooms to use though, and I'm sure we can make it work somehow.
Marc Berman

Offline Mike

• Mike Leitao
  • Mike L
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 06:47:08 AM »
I've been thinking about this for a long time and I've had conversations with the Staff and Marc because well its his house we currently use.

My thought is trying to find a hall we could use for game use not only for Winter but also Summer time.
I have plenty of ideas and candidates but really havent pursued anything as of yet.

The problem with finding a hall is if it costs more then Im willing to pay out of my own pocket i will have to charge for game.  While I dont think it would be a bad idea for our game to start a budget, i'd rather try and keep the game free.