Out of Character > Archived OOC Posts

The National IC list

(1/5) > >>

Conor (Former ST):
The CBC started a discussion on the ST list today.  I feel like most people have an opinion on this.

--- Quote ---Hi, all.

I've been engaged in a talk with my Subcoords about the National list about giving the removal the Garou IC list a test run. The talk has, by no means, been unanimous for or against the idea.

I'm opening the floor to talk about this a bit more openly, as you guys are the ones that would be affected if we did this. Some of the pros and cons from the discussion are below.

Pro:
- The Garou setting never supported a mass, unstoppable communication medium.
- Galliards and Ragabash would be in their genre-set position of spreading information.
- The keyboard commandos would have much less to commando about.

Con:
- More distant games will lose the IC list as a communication medium, being left with Auspice and Tribal lists.
- Announcements will have to come through IC means (or less visible lists) and spread either IC or through Storytellers.

Some compromises suggested by my staff:
- Close the IC list except for moderated announcements, stories and scandal.
- Keep the IC list open and propose that the list becomes an enforceable sign-in.
- Keep the IC list open and propose a moderated, binding code of conduct.

Thoughts?

-Justin
--- End quote ---

Lars Nielsen:
All of the Pros and all of the Cons apply to deleting the Auspice and Tribal lists too.

What is the IC list like? I can't imagine what it's like playing a character with justification to be on it.

Jerry Castillo:
I wouldn't particularly miss the IC list, personally, particularly if we can keep Tribal and Auspice lists.

Seven Mountains:
It's the same 4-8 people bitching constantly. That is the national IC list.

I am for the removal of both the IC List as a communication tool and instead allowing characters 1 post per moon cycle for the purpose of renown loss and gain tales. Given that I think the Auspicial lists should remain to facilitate the preparation of those stories as they are far less the circle jerk that the IC list is.

My .02

Nike 'Slays the Patriarchy' Strilakos:
i like and read the IC list and would like to keep it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version