Recent Posts

Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10
i super agree with both those things.  my concern as ever in these is for folks who over the years invested in occult and will suddenly not have the appropriate retests.  i think there are several things we could do about this:

-allow reshuffling of points
-allow for X or Occult as retest on things
I would like to put this on the table. Using Occult for generic Gift retests has issues. It inflates the Occult ability so that those who have little to no interest in the occult have it merely for a mechanical benefit. It also, doesn't make much sense.
OOC Discussion / Re: Hello germs!
« Last post by Nike 'Slays the Patriarchy' Strilakos on May 10, 2017, 08:06:55 AM »
hey it looks like game got canceled :(
Announcements / Hey folks
« Last post by Matt (HST) on May 09, 2017, 10:32:08 AM »
So, due to having to prioritize a bunch of other stuff in my life, I have been pretty thoroughly unable to give game the time and attention it deserves this month. I don't have stuff to run, or time to prep such stuff, before Saturday. This is my failure and my responsibility, and I own that.

I know people were looking forward to game this month, and arranging their schedules to make attendance happen. I can only say that I'm sorry, and I will try to do better in the future. I know another canceled game doesn't fill you with confidence, and I don't blame you for that. We're a small game with a small staff. May is my busiest work month and I'm also putting together a wedding, so things should get easier.

Everyone will still get XP (I'm doing it today) and I will still process your spends on Friday night. I will still see that all your sheets are updated and sent to Beltane. All active characters will get XP for the canceled game, just like last time, and I can update your sheets with any last-minute stuff you want to pick up after game day for Beltane.
OOC Discussion / Hello germs!
« Last post by Carter Heyward on May 08, 2017, 07:52:26 PM »
(yes, I too am a germ)

Currently I am coming to game this Saturday, assuming two things: one, I can get a ride, and, two, no sickness this time.

I am banking on the latter, and hoping on the former.
OOC Discussion / Re: 4/8/17 No Benjamin
« Last post by Travis West on April 08, 2017, 08:23:07 AM »
Ditto. The Army is eating my life. Perhaps after dinner break, but who knows.
OOC Discussion / Re: 4/8/17 No Benjamin
« Last post by Matt (HST) on April 08, 2017, 07:31:33 AM »
Noted, thanks for letting us know.
OOC Discussion / 4/8/17 No Benjamin
« Last post by Benjamin on April 05, 2017, 01:12:34 PM »
Will not be able to make it this month, going to be at Future Imperfect.

Best wishes and have lots of fun!
OOC Discussion / Curses!
« Last post by Lars Nielsen on March 15, 2017, 08:32:28 PM »
I've been hoping to go for a ride with a bunch of y'all on the Cape Codders Old Timers Road Rally, which is a driving scavenger hunt across the cape. But it's April 8 this year. I'll try and find out when they schedule the darned thing and see if we can not have Game conflict with it next year. It's a great time driving around the Cape and looking at old historic stuff.

https://www.scca.com/events/1987088-new-england-cape-codders-old-timers-gta-rally
House Rules & Rules Discussions / Re: Oh Dear, True Fear
« Last post by Seven Mountains on March 15, 2017, 02:35:07 PM »
For what it's worth, being cornered is a Rage trigger. In many games I have participated in the house rule was that True Fear had no impact on a Garou either in a Fox or Rage Frenzy as they are already gripped by an emotion far greater (Gaia's Anger / Primodial Fear for preservation) and thus would be unaffected.

I agree True Fear should be a Non-Combat gift frankly. It's actually designed for those silly Ahroun who actually want to preserve the Veil / avoid massive slaughter and instead control a situation by locking down an adversary and forcing them to hear their own heartbeat for a time.

Sadly it's transitioned into a version of Paralyzing Stare which is frankly not what it's designed to be and is weak sauce. No Ahround should need to hit a bone cold statue to prove they are an Ahroun.
Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10