Author Topic: Public Renown Reports (February-March)  (Read 4828 times)

Offline Justin Northwood

• RAtC Charter Member
  • Marc
Public Renown Reports (February-March)
« on: February 25, 2011, 11:30:15 PM »
(( This thread will be unlocked following game on 2/26 ))

This thread is for the posting of Public Renown Reports for the February-March downtime cycle.

Please do: Be as descriptive as possible.  Renown is a direct reflection/result of the tales told in the nation.  This is a very public thing, hence this public forum in which to post reports.

Please don't: Engage in additional IC (or OOC) conversations within this thread.  If another character is saying things about you that you do not like, start a thread somewhere appropriate and take it up with them IC ("so I hear you've been saying stuff about me...")  This thread is not the place to do that!

"The Rules" for this thread:

[-1-] Ahroun, Philodox and Theurge may post one item of particular note to the public report.

[-2-] Galliards and Ragabash may post two items to the public report.  Those holding the position of eldest Galliard or Ragabash may post up to three items.

[-3-] All other items of Renown worthiness may be submitted via Private Message as normal.

Anyone not comfortable with the public thread may forgo it altogether and submit only a private report.  Just remember, items appearing in the public reports will be given more weight than the privately submitted items.  Renown is a very public thing!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 06:46:42 PM by Marc (HST) »
Marc Berman

Offline Conor (Former ST)

• Conor
  • Conor
  • Storyteller
Re: Public Renown Reports (February-March)
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 03:23:54 AM »
I'm going to pause/lock this thread for a day or two.  There's going to be a renown FAQ later, and rather than deal with folks wanting to change their post after it's out, I'll keep everyone on a level playing field by pushing stuff out a couple of days.

Feel free to write up what you want and post it in your character area and re-post it here after the FAQ is out if that makes your life easier.

Offline Conor (Former ST)

• Conor
  • Conor
  • Storyteller
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 02:48:22 AM »
As it was written, so shall it be.

Offline Benjamin

• (Guest) Joshua M
  • "We're not crazy. All three of us are sane."
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 03:22:03 AM »
((Really want to post two comments... but I'll stick to the positive end of things:))

Jack Bears-The-Scars-Of-The-Stories-He-Tells Harrison
Planning and leading an assault on a Weaver stronghold where no Garou died, and where any disaster was neatly avoided through wise evaluation of the battlefield (+.2 G, +.2 W)

Despite the Ghost Wolves' disruptions of the warleader's plans, tipping off the enemy as to where an attack might happen and the manner in which it might occur, giving the Mages a chance to adjust and set up a trap for the sept attacking their base again... the Warleader was able to lead a successful mission that almost completely avoided injury, that outwitted the ambush that had been put in place, and that let the sept gain some first-hand experience with the types of enemies and traps it might face in the future from the Namebreakers. For this I believe he deserves Glory and Wisdom for his successful battle tactics and ability to recognize when the situation was an ambush and direct an orderly withdrawal to the sept to prevent a counterattack taking the caern by surprise or otherwise causing serious harm.
Benjamin
Homid, Ahroun, Silent Strider, Fostern
Pure Breed (Silent Strider): 3
Tireless, Graceful
Magnetic, Charming
Vigilant, Intuitive
Fair Glabro
Owl Wings in the Umbra

Offline Nike 'Slays the Patriarchy' Strilakos

• Anna Bradley
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 08:54:12 AM »
Benjamin/Ben/Ehud
He has been working very diligently in getting pack-mates, as well as others, to practice and advance their knowledge in martial activities such as hand to hand fighting, weaponed fighting, dodging and so on.  He has made himself available to teach and has been a persistent voice urging folks to find other teachers if needed.  i think this makes him wise.  Not particularly useful for me, but wise none the less.
Homid | Ahroun | Elder | Black fury

Pure Breed 2(black fury)

Offline Sir Garret of the Fuzzies

• (Guest) Tom
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 03:11:25 AM »
Three items:

During the assault on the Mages, I found my sept mates fighting in darkness against some weird magey thing, just kinda swinging blindly around.  I lit up the place, so everyonce could see, which was a bit wise of me, if I do say so myself.  My'self an' Darvya knew somethin' was up, an' that the mages had flown the coup.  Usin' me nose, I tracked the scent of tha' lady mage to a crater in the ground, an' Alice an' Darvya pieced together tha' she was off in some horizon realm in the deep umbra.  The delicious Corax went an' showed us which way to go.  Even though the our enemies weren't there an' there was no Glory to be had, looks like we might've figured out where they are now.  This Owl pack is really workin' out for my smarts.

In combat against the endless waves of strange mage constructs, Sebastion fought with incredible valor, avoidin' wounds from the formidable foes and never missing his target.  Everyone was in their fightin' but my fellow Fianna was doin' it like we do, makin' hurt without gettin' hurt.

In combat agaist the endless waves of strange mage constructs, Josh Dreller must've done somethin' stupid (of course) that I didn't see, because the dirty stinking metis was the only Garou that was tore up from the floor up when I finally got there.  It was certainly stupidity that led him to be so injured, however, he did not succumb to the formidable wounds that could down almost any Garou, fought through it in a death Frenzy, and pulled through the fight.  Dirty metis has a bit glorious fight in him, but I imagine his mom dropped 'im on his head a few times when he was a pup... or left him out in sun.  Maybe somethin' spooked the sense out of im' when he was little, which is why he's all white like tha'.  Not the wisest, by any means, but he's a Glorious little bugger.  Don't tell him I said that.  He'll start thinkin' I like 'im or somethin.
Garret "Dreamwalker" Lupus Galliard Fianna Athro
Fianna purebreed x5
Righ of the East
Guardian of Vigilant Light
Eldest Galliard
Member of Red Bull
Has pointed ears, and a pentagram on the palm of his hand.  Also has Owl wings in the Umbra

Offline Anyanka Kuznetsova

• (Guest) Mandy
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 09:39:09 AM »
As far as dis renown stuff goes. Fur me.. it breaks down like this:
While I'm not too wilde on da guy from a... personal stand point. I have to give some renown to Sebastian, Prey to.. somethin' or udder, I'm not entirely sure.. like I said.. not too wilde on him. Altough he's a Limey he did give a very rousin' speech before battle, the likes of which I 'adn't 'eard since my days of front line fightin' in the PIRA. for does 'ho don't know, that's the Provisional Irish Republican Army, Human matters. He inspired the troops and reminded us what we're all fightin' fur.. and fur that I am believin' he deserves wisdom and glory renown. On da matter of him actually fightin', I would never want to get in his path. He fought valiantly against the masses of.. well does hitmarks, 'ho I'm not dat wilde on now. He fought well, and though this is 'ard for me to say, as an Irish lass, I wuld 'ave no trouble fightin' beside 'im again. (Renown Glory +1 Wisdom +1)

Also, to the metis, Joshua Dreller. While this pains me to say, the metis lead the troops with honor and valor. Takin' the suggestions of others he risked his own neck and stepped out first time and time again. This cost him his armor and then almost his life, but he took his role as leader very seriously. He also fought well against the hit marks and refused to be leavin' until we had all made it out. For all of dis I am offerin' him Renown in Glory and in Honor (Glory +1 Honor +1)
Anyanka Kuznetsova: Homid born Half Moon, Grandchild of дед гром of the rank of Cliath, Purebreed two, Mark of the Predator

"My father always use to tell me that when I was older, I could choose to be good, or I could choose to win, it's funny just how much winning my family has been doing."

Offline Jerry Castillo

• Matt Kamm
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 12:38:13 PM »
Sebastian "Prey to None" Bishop                         
Sebastian worked his butt off at the forge to make weapons and armor for basically half the sept.  That armor saved Josh Dreller's life and protected a lot of other good Garou.  He did all of this after restoring the forge and traveling all the way to England to learn how to smith, all with no expectation of reward.  His actions have proven him to be a mad Honorable dude.  He also fought bravely in battle, cutting robots in two with his sword.

Seven Mountains                             
Seven Mountains...just when I think he's just laziness and mind games, he shows up and puts his money where his mouth is.  He helped us plan for our attack on the mages and figure out logistics for the tunneling plan, and kept us all entertained while we waited for the go-ahead.  Also, his Fostern challenge was freakin' sneaky as, uh, heck.  He got Mick to give him the Renown he needed to challenge, then issued an open challenge to ALL which basically just amounted to Mick being the only one who could shoot him down...which would then make Mick look dumb, since he had just talked him up.  That was some Wise stuff right there.   He ripped robots up with the best of 'em, too.  Who knew somebody that spends all his time lying in the grass could fight like that?
Geraldo "Zero Casualties" Castillo
Homid Adren Bone Gnawer Galliard

Missing three fingers on his left hand
Jagged facial scar, improperly set shoulder

Offline Kerberos

• Josh Sheena
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2011, 03:13:52 PM »
Seven Mountains has proven to me that he is not only worthy of being Fostern, but he’s someone I would trust beside me in battle. His enthusiasm can sometimes be a little… overbearing, but he fights well and listens to commands in the heat of battle. While he needs to learn a bit more of the ways of the homed world, but that can come with time. For now I recognize him as an honorable and glorious garou.     

Peter “Jimmy’s Brother” Klampet has shown that while he has a lot to learn about being a good warrior and being a good Ragabash, he’s good at listening to orders and is going to be a capable scout one of these days. Jimmy’s Brother was sent out on a scouting mission with a Adren ragabash and held his own. For this and his actions int he fight in the temple, I recognize him as a wise and glorious garou.
Lupus Cub

Offline Mass Trauma NPC

• (Guest) Rick
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, 07:27:18 PM »
Joshua Dreller: Why did someone put him in command? In a war party with multiple metis and you say "The Metis" everyone looks at him. He had to be reminded of the battle plan: We were supposed to destroy the camp loudly and be a distraction. Not try to hack a damn computer. He had to be reminded of his own gifts: It's Not Easy had to tell him to use Burrow to get to where we were going. And he even had to be reminded he was Garou. Rather than kicking a door down or picking the lock like he wanted I just saved time and embarrassment (I mean who can't kick a wooden door down?) I simply ripped it apart with my claws. This is compounded by the fact that I was being a shit on purpose. I questioned him all through out that time of war, and yet the Eldest Philodox didn't even punish me. He simply raised his voice and then proceded to ignore me while we went. That's why my tribe has a reputation for being weak.

Seven Mountains: Really? Really?! That's how you gained rank? Good on you.

Offline Arthur A Dennison

• (Guest) Shonn
  • Sometimes you don't get a chance to say goodbye.
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 09:35:09 PM »
This month's news is all about the raid on Monomoy!

It's Not Easy proves itself cowardly and yellow! They hang back and invite their betters to go forward, offering "I'll go in after you die." What's more, they continue to test, challenge and battle their leaders leadership without purpose nor gain. Woeful little buggers, and horribly bad Garou to boot. The best they have for a defense is to prove a metis is lesser than themselves, which is akin to proving water is wet. Good job, It's Not Easy! Scientists of the future!

It would appear that the battle's plan was poorly organized and the resultant flop and twitch session clearly demonstrated that. Yet despite all this Seven Mountains never fails to impress.

The Warleader, however, continues to do so at every turn.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 09:55:20 PM by Mick LaSalle »
Pure Breed x3
Expressive x4

"When we die
We will die with our arms unbound
And this is why
This is why we fight"

Offline Joshua Dreller

• (Guest) Cory
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2011, 09:34:31 AM »
Fabrizio:  Why is he the alpha of anything?  While at Monomoy, he continually questioned the leader for no reason other than to be a bother.  That’s not something that is acceptable in the middle of an attack on mages.  He didn’t even stop when confronted.  However, his commitment to endangering everyone in the forward group went so far as to get several people hurt when there was an obviously safer route to the same goal.  Also, how does one justify being the last one into a fight?  Because Fabrizio not only sauntered into the temple last, but also never made a single attack against the hit-marks and fox frenzied to boot.

He plays himself off as a tricky Ragabash, when all he really is is a coward and an idiot.  He’s a terrible Child of Gaia, and a terrible Garou who knows nothing of what it means to be Honorable, Wise, or Glorious.
Joshua "Keeps on Ticking" Dreller
Children of Gaia Purebreed x2
Magnetic x5

Arianna_Fireau

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2011, 11:06:14 AM »
Fabrizio:
So I hung back during the assault 'cuz somebody's gotta stay home and watch after the homefront, but I've been hearing lines from the battlefield that make me cringe. Not the least of which is this Fabrizio Guy. I mean, don't get me wrong, I like somebody who thinks they're God's Gift (oh wait, isn't that his brother?) as much as the next guy, probably because I share the mentality, but... Dude, know when to keep your tongue in your Mouth. Ragabash gotta be dicks and ask questions, but don't do it in the middle of a fucking battle and then wave it off as doing your job. And, to top it all off, Mr. I Know Best proved himself a coward as well, or so the story says. People who been hear longer'n them are questioning why they showed up at all. Maybe they think that 'cuz they're Ragabash, nobody'll care if they're Glorious? Fuck if I know. But poor timing, poor sense, and poor Wisdom on top of it... Maybe someone should teach them what it means to be Garou.

Mick
You're a Jackass. I don't like you. I'm pretty sure I know why you made certain decisions the way that you did, and I don't like that. But my personal opinion don't got anything to do with the fact that I've seen you be both Honorable and Wise in the past. You give good advice, watch your surroundings better than anyone else at this Sept, and actually know how to talk to people so they'll listen, rather than just talking down and at that like most of the leadership of this Sept. You may be a jackass, but I will grudgingly admit that you're an Honorable and Wise jackass.

Offline PEBE

• Joe T
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2011, 11:16:52 AM »
Pebe's rant on Duke:
Apparently "Time of War" means little to most Cliath, but this one especially decides to leave the sept he should be defending and goes to HF to help them.. only to come back, barely clinging to life, so that OUR sept can pay the cost of healing and cleansing him! Does he not think before he acts or is it that he cannot think at all?
Joe
PC: Purifies the Earth with the Blood of his Enemies, 'Brother to the Winds' (aka "Pebe", also (to the Corax) "Mr Grumpy Pants Uktena")

All complaints must be submitted in the form of lyrical rhymes!
2 + 2 = 5 for sufficiently large values of 2

Offline Taweret

• Emmy Varden, RAtC Charter Member
  • Emmy
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2011, 11:17:47 PM »
Jack did an amazing job leading the war. As his job. None of the good guys died, and a lot of the bad guys did.
Taweret 'Ascends the Glass Tower'
Athro Homid Silent Strider Galliard
Beta of 'Curators of the Quiet Road' under Peregrine Falcon

Offline Sebastian Prey-To-None

• (Guest) Drew
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2011, 02:37:19 PM »
Josh Drellar

Does anyone ever think of the 'Pit of Dispair' scene from Princess Bride when around this guy?  To say this dirty, stinking metis is destined for a life of taking shit is an understatement.  Despite that, he's determined to rise above it and prove that the sins of his stupid fucktard parents aren't his to be punished for; good luck with that.  Anyway, he was given the duty of leading the above ground assault on Monomoy, and despite Fabrizio and It's Not Easy's best attempts to sabotage all this (with allies like that, who needs Black Spiral Dancers?), Josh Drellar kept his rage in check and fighting spirit strong, moved his squad forward and fought bravely despite having to carry the weight.  He's also taken the initiative to further his education by becoming an apprentice at the forge and has been a big help in repairing armor.  Definitely glorious, honorable and wise.
"It takes 42 muscles to frown but it only takes 4 muscles to extend ur arm and jawjack that motherf**ker right in the face."

Offline Armando

• Joe Barbato
  • the ladies cannot resist
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2011, 07:33:36 AM »
I think perhaps sebestian has a bit to much to drink, so not worth my time. So this metis philodox is a short sighted, sexually repressed little man with little common sense and less foresight.  The metis decision making skills are suspect, he wanted to lead he lead example now he is bitching about it? Fine next time let the garou handle the bad guys stay in the back and shut up.
Armando Estrada
Cliath, ragabash, child of gaia
Pack with, "its not easy," under frog
Alluring x3

Offline Justin Northwood

• RAtC Charter Member
  • Marc
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2011, 06:45:00 PM »
(( This thread is now locked for Renown processing.  Thank you to everyone who participated! ))
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 06:46:24 PM by Marc (HST) »
Marc Berman