Author Topic: Public Renown Reports (December-January)  (Read 3470 times)

Offline Marc (Admin)

• Marc Berman
  • (Storytellers)
  • Administrator & Storyteller
Public Renown Reports (December-January)
« on: December 12, 2011, 06:30:47 PM »
This thread is for the posting of Public Renown Reports for December-January downtime cycle.

Note: If backdated items are submitted, please be sure to indicate such, to help the staff (and your fellow players) differentiate them from the current month's items.

Please do: Be as descriptive as possible.  Renown is a direct reflection/result of the tales told in the nation.  This is a very public thing, hence this public forum in which to post reports.

Please don't: Engage in additional IC (or OOC) conversations within this thread.  If another character is saying things about you that you do not like, start a thread somewhere appropriate and take it up with them IC ("so I hear you've been saying stuff about me...")  This thread is not the place to do that!

"The Rules" for this thread:

[-1-] Ahroun, Philodox and Theurge may post one item of particular note to the public report.

[-2-] Galliards and Ragabash may post two items to the public report.  Those holding the position of eldest Galliard or Ragabash may post up to three items.

[-3-] All other items of Renown worthiness may be submitted via Private Message as normal.

Anyone not comfortable with the public thread may forgo it altogether and submit only a private report (via your downtime sheet).  Just remember, items appearing in the public reports will be given more weight than the privately submitted items.  Renown is a very public thing!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 01:36:28 AM by Administrator »
"When bad things happen,
 I know you want to believe they are a joke,
 but sometimes life is scary and dark.
 That is why we must find the light" –BMO

Offline Nike 'Slays the Patriarchy' Strilakos

• Anna Bradley
Re: Public Renown Reports (December-January)
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 06:33:28 PM »
+ Wisdom to Jerry for delivering one last message from his Pack's totem to the Sept.
Homid | Ahroun | Elder | Black fury

Pure Breed 2(black fury)

Offline Arthur A Dennison

• (Guest) Shonn
  • Sometimes you don't get a chance to say goodbye.
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 07:10:00 PM »
Garret is wiser than I ever knew, and his timely gift was a premier example of his stalwart honor.

(OOC Clarification: Garret made a weapon for Mick which does supernatural damage, although not a fetish, and serves as a symbol of his tribe just in time for Mick to take it along on his quest for vengeance against the wyrm.)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 07:15:04 PM by Mick LaSalle »
Pure Breed x3
Expressive x4

"When we die
We will die with our arms unbound
And this is why
This is why we fight"

Offline Shulamith

• PK
  • No matter where you go, there you are.
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 09:05:39 AM »
I have never spoken for or against others' Renown in the Nation.  But the story that Jerry told was so horrifically unWise, he nearly caused four garou to lose themselves to Frenzy and break a sacred moot.  I have never been so disgusted with a Galliard, and I had thought highly of him before.

Offline Jerry Castillo

• Matt Kamm
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 11:58:43 AM »
Major props of Wisdom and Honor to Alexander.  We've had our differences, and we still do, but he gets it.

Also, I wanna give a serious shout-out of Glory, Wisdom, and Honor to Shulamith.  She stood right the fuck up and looked me straight in the eye and said I was full of shit.  I wish we had fifty Garou like her - I don't give a flying fuck if she disagrees with me, this is some tough shit, and we should think and talk about it.  I know a whole bunch of you agreed with her, 'cause I could see it in your eyes and hear it in your snarls.  A whole bunch of you are bitching right now about how Jerry's gonna fall to the Wyrm, and how he's a dumbass who cares more about snuggling humans than killing the Wyrm.  But she's the one who put her ass out on the line telling me I was full of shit, and there ain't nothing I respect more than that.  Plus, now we can fucking talk about it and figure shit out, rather than just hating each other and staring daggers at the people we don't like till they explode.

Like I said, Glorious for standing up and saying it in front of everybody, Honorable for saying it right to my face instead of behind my back, and Wise for makin' this something we can talk about instead of growling about it.
Geraldo "Zero Casualties" Castillo
Homid Adren Bone Gnawer Galliard

Missing three fingers on his left hand
Jagged facial scar, improperly set shoulder

Offline Mass Trauma NPC

• (Guest) Rick
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 10:20:13 AM »
So does anyone else find it odd that everyone except myself and Panache ignored Eoin? He stood up and started walking towards the shore out of nowhere, then he howled the anthem of war and still nobody moved. Ignoring omens and visions... seems a bit unwise to me. (-wisdom)

Offline Ash 'Flirts With Danger'

• (Guest) Sami
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 01:42:29 PM »
While I wasn't about to head immediately in his direction due to, y'know, holding down a moot and all, I do want to give serious props to Eoin and Kiara McKinnon for finding their way in to Crazy Hell Dimension Land.  

Differences of opinion aside on whether we should have actually gone, they facilitated the revel and helped gain us intel on the Johann situation, all in one!  Seriously wise, and more than a little kick-ass.  (++Wisdom, +Honor)

---

Also!  Lets see, how to explain this . . .

Garret is an amazing Foreign Policy teacher.   Knows when to bring in guest lecturers, the proper use of a field trip.  Learning by doing, right?  He's also quite the multitasker, helping us find one of the two key pieces of intel that let us get to the hell dimension in the first place.  He showed all of the students a lot of trust and respect. 

So, for exemplary work teaching us how to maintain good relations when seeking out the service of Others, this howl's for you!  (++Wisdom, ++Honor)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 01:57:29 PM by Ash 'Flirts With Danger' »
Ash "Flirts With Danger" Warner
Homid Fostern Glass Walker Galliard
Eldest Glass Walker
Currently Unpacked

Offline JamesLee

• (Guest) Mac
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 08:40:45 PM »
There is a difference between attacking those who are defenseless and using tactics to circumvent defenses that are already in place. There is also often a difference between what is Wise and what is Honorable, but if you think discarding one's honor to fight the Wyrm does anything but aid its cause, you are lacking in both respects.

We must find a balance, as in all things, and Jerry strove to remind us of that fact. 

I am saddened that a spirit of any tribal totem's brood feels our Sept to be uninhabitable, and ashamed in any Garou who thinks that our Litany and our Honor are mutually exclusive.

Thank you, Speaks Without Words, for your tale.

++ Honor to Jerry
"Alone we traveled on with nothing but a shadow.
We fled, far away."

Offline Kiara

• Steph
    • Steph's Stuff
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 09:54:28 PM »
Sometimes on the field of battle leadership can errode. I and many others were under the impression that the Wyrm foe for the last moot was Alexander, That said there were a series of orders coming from different directions mostly From our alpha Purifies the Earth with the Blood of his Enemies, and the grand duke. When a sept is at war even when things are in question we look to the leader of the engagement to make decisions on the field. Anything counter to those orders and confuse a group or even anger them can cost valuable time and resources. Even an Alpha needs to listen during these times rather than interrupting the person in charge. There is something to be said i suppose for mitigating the consequences of the confusion.
(-honor PEBE)

Offline Taweret

• Emmy Varden, RAtC Charter Member
  • Emmy
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2012, 08:01:24 AM »
There has been a disturbing trend amongst the young in the Sept. The Litany states: 'Combat the Wyrm where it Breeds and Dwells'. Not 'Combat the Wyrm where it Breeds and Dwells but Only if it is Polite to Do So at the Time."

Honor is a massive part of our culture. And some of the most Honorable Garou I've ever met were Garou whos tactics were to stab the Wyrm in the back, when it had its eyes closed, sleeping, from the shadows. My Packmate Thoth is included, ad I was taught valuable lessons about this tactic.

Some Garou in the Sept feel that the opposite is the only correct way. To combat the Wyrm fairly, on even ground. That might be your way. But your way is not the only way. Thousands of years have Ragabash and many others trained to strike from the shadows. Quick and clean. That is their way. The only true way is it gets done. Period.

Alexander, who is not only a leader in this Sept, but also in the Nation now should understand this. Yet he subscribes to this whole 'but Only if it is Polite to Do So at the Time.' bullshit. I'm not angry. I'm disappointed. I hope in the future to help him expand these horizons. If not in practice, than in acceptance.

-Honor &/or Wisdom for Alexander
Taweret 'Ascends the Glass Tower'
Athro Homid Silent Strider Galliard
Beta of 'Curators of the Quiet Road' under Peregrine Falcon

Offline Kerberos

• Josh Sheena
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2012, 10:26:44 AM »
Speaks without Words, we may have had many disagreements in the past, but I have always thought of you as one of the best talesingers I have ever known. However, you were sorely lacking in that area of expertise at this past moot.

While I may disagree with what you were trying to say with your story, that's not at hand here. I understood what you were trying to say. I was listening to your meaning, but that meaning was lost in your words.

No matter what you were trying to say, the story that left your mouth ended up sounding like a story of compassion for the Wyrm. It sounded to many around that you wished us to stay our hands and not slay the Wyrm where it breeds and where it dwells. I am not saying this to change your opinions or methods in combat. You are a glorious Garou. I'm telling you this so that you may understand the power that is inherent in our words. They must be chosen carefully. Make sure the words you speak are the words you mean.

That being said, I commend you for trying to teach the sept a lesson that, while it may have been lost in translation, is an honorable way of thinking. Try again and maybe people will hear you next time.

-Wisdom
+ Honor

=-=-=-=-=-=

Although she has been away from us for some time, Ash comes back as a capable and honorable Galliard of her tribe. I appointed her as Talesinger at the moot and she took to her task with aplomb and competence. I look forward to seeing more from her in the future.

+Honor
Lupus Cub