Author Topic: Blank Emails...  (Read 1396 times)

Offline Justin Northwood

• RAtC Charter Member
  • Marc
Blank Emails...
« on: September 09, 2009, 08:50:29 PM »
I've heard from a few people that they've been receiving blank (no subject and no body) emails from the RAtCStaff@googlegroups.com email address.  These have typically been the email announcements sent administratively from the forums, like "sheet updated" notifications, and for things like new PM's that are emailed automatically.  I've been unable to find anything that's causing this, but if I know who/how many people it's affecting, it may help me diagnose and fix the problem.  If you are receiving or have received blank emails from RAtCStaff@googlegroups.com, please reply to this post with the following information:

) If you've been receiving blank emails, did you receive, in particular, the email notification about the "Registration Agreement Re-Acknowledgment?" that stated at the top in red, that this was the second time the message was being sent?

1) Have you received any messages that were not blank (the email mentioned above aside), since the time you received your first (or only) blank one?

Thank you!
Your help will aid in getting this resolved as soon as possible.
Marc Berman

Offline Carter Heyward

• RAtC Charter Member
  • Andrew
Re: Blank Emails...
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 08:41:29 AM »
1. I received the Registration email fine

2. No, nothing else besides blank emails since then. At least 4.

3. I don't have an email notifications of forum threads going to the address at which I've received the blank email
Cuius est solum, eius est usque ad coelum et ad inferos.

Offline AndrewD

• Andrew Devrell
  • Andrew
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 07:43:01 PM »
Still getting blank emails a my yahoo.com.au address. It must be notifications going wacky.
I am the shadow on the moon at night
Filling your dreams to the brim with fright!

Offline Carter Heyward

• RAtC Charter Member
  • Andrew
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 09:19:21 PM »
And now I just got one for my hotmail. It's definitely a notification thing.
Cuius est solum, eius est usque ad coelum et ad inferos.

Offline Justin Northwood

• RAtC Charter Member
  • Marc
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 12:14:41 AM »
If you had been experiencing the "blank email phenomenon" and had not previously corrected it by changing email addresses used on the forums, please let me know if it has gone away on it's own as of now.

Earlier, I was mucking through the mess of access bans (protection from spam, bots, hacking, etc), and while cleaning things up, took out a few suspect triggers (bans) against what looked like at least one yahoo mail server.

I am interested to find out once and for all if perhaps this was the cause.  I remember the problem being with Yahoo in at least a couple of the cases, including Andrew's case as he stated.  Was anyone else affected on another mail service other than Yahoo?
Marc Berman