Author Topic: Scarab Punishment Scene  (Read 2679 times)

Offline Mike

• Mike Leitao
  • Mike L
Scarab Punishment Scene
« on: August 07, 2013, 01:45:45 PM »
(OOC: Just because the ST running my PC currently doesn't post does not mean I don't have an action. Please wait your turn. Secondly, The time stamp of the initial post determines when the scene takes place, so what shadow?")

I really feel like there is no reason to be rude.

You haven't posted since June 19th, this scene started in May.
Please forgive me for trying to push what seems to be a stale scene forward.
And considering the scene was started at noon real time, that means in the Umbra its midnight with a gibbious moon.  You have a shadow.  But if the ST's want to say there is no shadow that's fine.  Part of the attempting to spit and the chop is based off that stuff.  I'd rather hear it from the ST's.

If you dont want people to jump ahead of you how about picking up the pace.  Being rude about it isn't a fun path to take for either of us.

Offline Justin Northwood

• RAtC Charter Member
  • Marc
Re: Scarab Punishment Scene
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 04:39:58 PM »
The original OOC post didn't come across as rude to me.  It is very politely worded, if not a bit firm and short (which is usually a good thing for in-line OOC comments).  Mike's response, too, is very politely worded.

I'd just like to point out that it doesn't seem to me, as an impartial third party observer, that anyone has been rude thus far.  I would hope it stays that way.

It's clear that the scene is a contentious one (both in and out of character).  I'd venture a guess that nobody involved is having much fun with it (either in or out of character).

That being said, and also as an impartial third party observer, I think the scene needs to end.  It is an open wound that needs to start healing, but is prevented from doing so by the lack of closure.  I get that sometimes scenes drag on, it happens.  Two more weeks, and the scene will have been going for a quarter of a year.  At this point it would be great if the staff and all involved parties could put a focus on bringing it to an expeditious close.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 04:52:57 PM by Administrator »
Marc Berman

Offline Seven Mountains

• Vance
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 05:34:29 PM »
Marc,

I understand what you are saying but let me add

A: I am enjoying the scene even if it is too slow.

1: Because I only get to play on the boards most of the time
   2: This is the most interactive and meaningful RP I have had in ages for RAtC excluding the challenge for MoC
   3: This is more RP and plot than I have seen for myself personally since Torvald died
   4: This is all true with 7M just sitting there watching

B: I think it is also fair to ask for expediency from the participants but if all the participants are at game it can be resolved.

C: I am willing to just accept a write up about what happened at this scene if I cant attend but given that apparently board RPers can't ever gain renown ever on the boards this may be the only chance 7M has for months to gain any. I would be disappointed to be a Fostern for another year without being able to challenge for Adren because scenes get cut short / go on too long on the boards.

D: I believe the C: statement may only apply to me now or maybe 1-2 others at most so I am not sure how much folks may feel it matters.
Seven Mountains
Ragabash, Fostern
Silver Fang Pure Breed x4
Speaks: Russian, English

Offline AndrewD

• Andrew Devrell
  • Andrew
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 07:35:07 PM »
The thread is temporarily locked until some things can be resolved.
I am the shadow on the moon at night
Filling your dreams to the brim with fright!

Offline Lars Nielsen

• Gregory P
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 09:29:44 PM »
I honestly can't remember if my current character had joined the game when this scene began or not.

Offline Tawny

• Patience
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 12:06:55 PM »
There are also other factors that only STs and pack members are privy too, so I can understand where that wasn't taken into account. However, even if I hadn't been privy to it, I think it is easy to assemble some sort of clue as to what happened. Also, sometimes things happen where control is lost, isn't that how we ended up with this challenge in the first place? (jokes at self).

I also haven't posted in almost as much time because, sometimes, real life happens and is sucky. Life hasn't been kind right now. I get wanting to speed up the scene, but sometimes, it just isn't doable with real life, and outside things. I agree with Marc with the lack of closure, but due to...outside forces (in game-read STs) it just isn't possible at the time that Sewer Walker's post was made.

I have no idea Greg, sorry!
Tawny Hatsheput "Walks the Line" Smith Ahroun Silent Strider Adren Homid
PBx1
Rainbow Scarab beetle sits on her shoulder
Curators of the Quiet Road under Falcon

Offline Mike

• Mike Leitao
  • Mike L
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 01:05:07 PM »
I totally get it, been there done that.  I just didn't appreciate being told OOC in an IC scene to basically sit in the corner and wait my turn.  There obviously is reasons why there has been a long pause, but it's unfair to assume we would know why.  Either way I really hope this scene ends soon as now we're about to have our fourth game since Brody was informed of the issues in HF and started the scene.

Offline Tawny

• Patience
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2013, 01:31:33 PM »
I will agree with you that it has taken longer than it should have to finish the scene. All we can really do right now is wait on Andrew and the STs.
Tawny Hatsheput "Walks the Line" Smith Ahroun Silent Strider Adren Homid
PBx1
Rainbow Scarab beetle sits on her shoulder
Curators of the Quiet Road under Falcon